Items Lost Overboard

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mickey, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    What are some of the items you have lost overboard and at what cost?

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I lost my favorite pair of shades when getting a fish out of the water earlier this year.:sad2: No idea what they cost, I still miss them.:smile2:
    Do anchors count???:roll_eyes::embarassed::smile2:

3. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    My favorite Bass pro shops trucker hat valued at $13.00.

4. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    Back in Oct of 75 I rolled a v bottom boat and lost everything on board, :crazy:unfortunately the exwife made it out unscratched! :angry:

5. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Was fishing one time and a guy lost a really nice metal fish stringer full of bullheads. My dad never said anything, but I bet he was mad when he realized it. That was about 40 years ago, I've never found one as good.

6. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    In addition to various hats, caps, 1 rod and reel combo, prescription glasses, one of my sons went over the side once. He was wearing his PFD and grabbed the trolling motor to pull himself back in. Luckily we were pulling into the ramp and he could have walked out of the water. Wish I had a camera that day, it was priceless:smile2::smile2::smile2:, but the glasses cost $360 to replace:angry:. Stay safe and stick a pig!!!:wink:

7. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    rod and reel luckily it was a cheap walmart combo, knives,a cell phone the usual stuff:sad2:

8. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    What do you think the most items are, hats or glasses? I have lost both! :smile2:

9. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i have CAUGHT 3 pairs of shades fishing in the same spot! and not a signel pair was in bad shape ray bans, oakleys , and a pair of gas station shades. same spot i caught a beer can and a rock on a circle hook

10. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    A Rock?! Lol! That has to take some talent! Was it a biggun?

11. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    bout the size of a ping pong ball but more oval shaped wedged in the bend of a 8/0 octo

not much talent...just luck i guess...i cpr'd it

12. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Bout 4 years ago, i lost my pride and joy..... My BOC hat flew off at Mendota slough. time I turned the boat around, the hat had sunk:sad2::angry:

13. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    It wasn't from a boat, but I had a 20lb blue swim off with my digital scale a few years ago :angry: I used it to lower him down an embankment, and before I could tilt him off of it he went crazy.

This year I was headed down the river with KCGeoff when my hat blew off. It was nighttime and the river was running good, but we turned around and recovered the hat, no problem, and headed back downstream. A few minutes later Geoff asked "where's your headlamp?" Doh :smile2:

14. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I had Bo the Wonder dog fall overboard, when my nephews were racing me,,,,lol,,, He fell out when I was doing about 50,,,, He was OK.

15. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    What the hell are you using for bait to catch that kind of string? I am beginning to worry about you Jeffro.

16. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    Never tried skipping a dog before, ((:)crazy:))) how's that workin' for you? :big_smile:

17. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    200 dollar combo & 1 150 combo ole lady 's class ring ...couple anchors ...oh and a lott of pride (LOL)

18. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Right off, I don't remember anything lost from a boat.

But once my glasses fell out of my pocket at my boat dock while getting the boat ready. The water is about 10 ft deep.

Couple weeks later while fishing for them with a treble hook I hook them. They were not damaged, in fact still have em. :wink:

19. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Fin yer a lucky dawg (LOL)

20. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Only thing I ever remember loosing ,was my favorite welding cap,it was a COORS logo I lost it while skiing,yeah I know its hard to think of me on a slalom,but I used to tear up the water back in my younger days.:wink: