Itching to go fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by Ecfool, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Ecfool

Ecfool New Member

State:
    California
    Dang been sometime now since I have been able to head out fishing due to slight accident(kinda sorta shattered my heel bone in several pieces) but hope to soon be able to hit the local canals here in Imperial Valley. But I have one minor problem I hate to fish alone and My fishing partner (AKA: son) works wierd shifts.
    I usually fish the East Highline area or the head of Central Main canal, but actually fish all major canals as well as some nice smaller ones which will suprise ya for decent eatin size fish. I also fish head waters of the All American canal and usually manage to get some decent size channel cats (4-12lbs) as well as monster flat heads there.
    I was only able to get out maybe 10 times this summer before injuring myself and doc says I should be up and at least on walking cast by next month. Any fellow bros want to head out for night/day of fishing give me a Pm or if ya need some clues on decent spots in Imperial Valley canals let me know, be glad to guide/instructions for you to decent areas. My view is in local canals aint no such thing as "secret" spot just good locations to fish for all. I have been fishing this area all my life and know it well.

2. drews0311

drews0311 New Member

State:
    iowa
    i feel you one the broken heel. i broke my leg pretty bad on march 31st and am still fighting it. i would love to hit up those cannals but live to far away. good luck with your leg. and good fishing

joe

3. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey Earl.....Sorry to hear bout your leg. That stinks! I been wanting to get down there and try them canals. Bryan Shrum (Whistler) used to fish out there a lot and I believed lived there as a kid. He told me some great stories and talked about them canals. Always wanted to go down there and now found someone that knows the area:smile2: If you don't mind, I would like to hit you up in bout a month. let me know.

4. Ecfool

Ecfool New Member

State:
    California
    man woud love to have ya join me I can dahmmmm near guarentee that we can go out and NOT get skunked at least some really nice channel cats and if we head to head of All American I know that time of year dang good size flatheads are the norm. just gotta be reallyy really really carefull, ya fall in canal yur gonna be in a world of hurt due to under current and big ole mean eat ya alive drop right after fishin spot I use. Also good camping area right next to fishing area and a couple a ponds to get decent blue gill fur bait.
    My work schedule (when I go back) is a 4-10 shift so gots saturday,sunday n monday to fish and as long as I bring a good mess a eatin size fish home da ole seahag dont complain to much bout me being gone, hmmm infact sometimes I think she enjoys me leavin house as long as melon jobs are done.

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I think I would like to go up pick old buddy Bert up and head down there in month or maybe less. I will be in Ontario on the 27-29 for a law enforcement meeting. How far are you from there?

6. Ecfool

Ecfool New Member

State:
    California
    I am about 3 hours from ontario. If my memory serves me correctly I think we both work for same govt agency I am EMS at CAL

7. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    finally some catfishing fanatics here in so calif.... not to big on cash right now but i would love to go fishing for some big flats, never fished for them before but my grandpa has and i would love to have that expierence of a good flathead fight as well as decent channels too... anyone going and want some extra company hit a so cal brother up... see you guys, good luck