It works, oh boy does it work...

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by JoshFisher, Jan 30, 2008.

1. JoshFisher

JoshFisher New Member

State:
    Tinker AFB, Oklahoma
    Hey yall i was on google a couple days back tryin to find myself some decent homemade recipe's to try out when spring roles back around and i came across a simple and easy to make bait. After makin it up i just couldnt wait till spring to try it out so despite the fact ice was forming on a little lake near where i live i went out for some cats....

Next thing i know not but 5 mins after i cast out i caught one... and for the next couple hours i was there, everytime within 15 minutes or so of every cast i got atleast a little hit so i figure yall might wana try it out...

1) 1 loaf white bread
    2) Miracle Whip
    3) Vegtable Margerine
    4) Garlic Powder or Cheese
    Spread margerine on 1 piece of bread. Then, take another piece of bread and put Miracle Whip on it and set it Miracle Whip side up on top of the piece of bread with margerine on it. Keep doing this until you have a desired amount. Next, put your slices of bread with margerine and Miracle whip on it on a plate and knead it until it is doughy. If it is sticky add more bread. If it is dry add more margerine. Finaly, take some garlic powder or cheese or whatever you want to put on it and knead it in.

hopefully this weekend ill be goin fishin some more and ill be sure to try and get some pics, but if yall try it out i wana know what kinda success it has for yall...

2. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Josh welcome to the BOC and i might just give that a try.

3. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    you know, i have heard of using quite a few things before, but this is a new one on me. i will have to give it a try.

4. JoshFisher

JoshFisher New Member

State:
    Tinker AFB, Oklahoma
    ya haha i was pretty skeptical so i just tried it with 2 slices at first, butter on one miracle whip on the other and it made enough dough to fill up a power bait jar.. just so yall get an idea of how much it makes if you use a full loaf haha...

5. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    What's up Josh. Thanks for the recipe idea and welcome to the BOC.

6. JoshFisher

JoshFisher New Member

State:
    Tinker AFB, Oklahoma
    thanks alot to all of you, im real glad i joined its a real nice community.. w00t w00t catfishing ahha...

7. litltman

litltman New Member

State:
    ------
    how did you apply it to your hook. like a worm. or in a stocking. or what.cant wait to try it out. thanks.

8. JoshFisher

JoshFisher New Member

State:
    Tinker AFB, Oklahoma
    well at first i wasnt to sure, before i went to the lake i pulled a basic J hook out of the tackle box and baited like power bait, i soaked it in a glass of water for an hour and it held, then i spun it around and such to see just how good it was on there, and it just stayed...

so i guess just put it on like power bait, when i went to the lake i used treble hooks tho and it held fine... something you may want to consider is maybe bring a little extra bread or mayo incase the consistensy is isnt holding up and u wana make it more sticky or wat have ya...

9. litltman

litltman New Member

State:
    ------
    welcome to the B.O.C. this is the best thing since Santa Claus

10. JoshFisher

JoshFisher New Member

State:
    Tinker AFB, Oklahoma
    hell ya haha i was so happy when i hooked my first fish not but 5 mins after i put in the water i nearly missed him haha... defenintly one of the better homemade baits ive used.... i was just really surprised cause the water couldnt have been warmer then 40 degrees, and they were still all over it...

11. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    That sounds good ...i'll have to give that a try. Hey and if the fish ain't biting I can eat the bait. thanks

12. JoshFisher

JoshFisher New Member

State:
    Tinker AFB, Oklahoma
    ya haha, i actually paid my cousin a dollar to take a taste... it was pretty bad he said haha...

also im trying a more expiremental bait...
    along the same lines of the current dough bait i posted about but this ones got some other things i figured my be worth tryin like bacon grease instead of butter... ill test it out this weekend and get back to yall with a recipe tho...