It was my 12 yr old's turn to go fishing.

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by GatorT, May 10, 2009.

1. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Lee and Spencer, my middle boys, wanted to go to the movies. That gave Sidney (my oldest) and me a chance to hit Wateree river. It was an all of a sudden thing, so we didn't get on the river until after 8. After catching bait, that didn't give us long. Even though the next day was Sunday and I didn't technically have to work, Sunday is the day for me to do the freebie work. (Cutting grass for my parents, etc)

Some guys leaving as we were putting in were good enough to give us a couple of bluegills. And two throws with the net gave us enough shad. We went up the river, set up in one hole, and fished that hole the entire time.

Sidney caught three - a blue and two channels. It was a beautiful night, full moon. I hated to head home, and Sidney's plans didn't have leaving in them at all. But it was 12, and I had to work in the morning.

I had an awesome time. This kid fishes like an adult, not like a kid. There was no fidgeting around the whole time, trying to find something to occupy himself with. What occupied him was fishing. And if you have trouble believing that about a 12 yr old, look at the picture of him releasing the fish - notice where he's looking. Is he watching the fish? Nope, he's keeping his eye on his rods. (Even more wild, this boy has fished like this since he was 4. No joke.)

2. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Sorry, guys, made a mistake posting the pics, then tried to edit the attachements. Went over the time limit, and now they're all gone. So, here they are.

Attached Files:

3. fowlnfish

fowlnfish New Member

State:
    Colorado
    Good stuff. You both got good ones.:wink:

4. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Sounds like a great trip! Congrats to the little guy for his catch! You got a life long catman there! Thanks for the post, its good to see all the little guys and gals learning our great sport!!

Steve

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats to Sidney and you. Enjoyed the pics and the smile on Sidneys face. Chip off the old block or a natural fisherman. Thanks.

6. jkm4874ford

jkm4874ford New Member

State:
    Bowling Green,
    Time is something we have little of these days so its great when we can get togther with the kids and have nights like that.