It twernt a catfish...BUT!!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by treasure, Oct 8, 2006.

1. treasure

treasure New Member

State:
    WA
    Well I finally got me a steelhead. 31" about 15 lbs...Dang, My first one ever and had to throw it back because it was wild and not a hatchery...

What a fight that dude put up. In and out in and out. I do believe that would have been some good baking fish..But alas, I end up with died shrimp and no fish for the table.

Can't even eat the shrimp Larry(the cable guy)

2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    least you didnt get skunked lol

good catch on the steelhead

3. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    nice steelhead. I bet that was a fight. they are really fun when hooked in shallow water.

4. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Aww man...I'm so jelous! LOL I had to put off my steelhead trip to NY cause the wife is pregnant but thats great you got to fight it in! Really gets the ol' adrenalin flowin doesn't it! I love steel head fishing especially on an 11'1/2" Pole !!!

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    treasure - Congrats on the steelhead! 31" is a nice one!

6. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Awesome, I would love to catch a steelhead. I've got a buddy who was headed up to Michigan with his dad yesterday to go steelhead fishing, I guess they are turning on right now.

7. brisue

brisue New Member

State:
    MO
    congrats on the steelhead

8. treasure

treasure New Member

State:
    WA
    Thanks all, But here is the rest of the story...

Oh yea it pumped up the adrinealine for sure. They are one heck of a fish.
    I forgot to mention that the day before I got a bobber take down and you all know what buck fever is right? Well I got steelhead fever. I jumped up out of my chair and set the hook on that bad boy and hit air or just plain water. He had spit it out just before I set the hook.

Well I was just a tad bit off balance when I set the hook and when there was no resistance on it when I hit him I spun around 360 fell on my butt right in the middle of the road that goes by.

I jumped up with a really sick feeling and asked the guy fishing next to me if he saw that...he replied nnnNNNNOOOOOoooo...then the couple that was fishing two spots up said he didnt see it but the wife and I did...then it just went down the row....We all had a kick out of it...I yelled down...dang green horns and steelie fever...we all had a blast...

But it tuned me up for the real deal when I got that other steelhead hit..I was on him like..you know what...

9. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I've never fished for those before. Aren't they kind of like a pike?

10. treasure

treasure New Member

State:
    WA
    I have never seen a pike so not really sure..A Steelhead is just a big rainbow trout that went to sea and came back with an attitude and a general bad mood..

The get ticked off at the littlest thing and puut up a heck of a fight. They dive and jump, and generally dont want to be touched by human hands. They are one heck of a fish.

I am officially hooked. But I still love the catfish..

11. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    Ive hooked a few while fly fishing in Alaska... pound for pound that is one of the meanest fightenest fish out there

12. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    congrats on the steelhead brother