It took awhile, but I FINALLY got my friend Darrell L to join

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by OhioRiver, May 21, 2009.

1. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana
    He lives right in Cannelton, and is a regular of the river for sure. Anyone who wants to know if the skippies are biting or not, hes the guy to ask. :)
    Ill get him to post on here now. lol:big_smile:

2. Darrell L

Darrell L New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hello this is Darrell and I gather from a nagging friend:wink: of mine haha I am supposed to post a bit on the skipjack bite in the ohio around cannelton. so here goes..
    yes they are biting again . haha couldn't resist . :smile2: seems they are more active after the morning hours till about 1pm or so and so far mostly had hits casting to the upstream side of the ramps . not so much from the downstream side. most of what I caught today were about a foot long or larger. caught on a small white curly tail grub. larger curly tails seemd to be ignored except by the small strippers. thats it for today be safe and get those lines stretched tight,
    Darrell

3. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Darrell welcome to the BOC, Your sure to enjoy this place lot's of great people and info on here.

4. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Welcome aboard Darrell.

5. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    welcome aboard Derrell

6. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    Welcome aboard darrell. I have talked to eric a little about perry county. In about two weeks me, bigcatfish64 and whiskers 67 will be down there to fish for 5 days in the derby area. We will fish along derby and posion creek. We went last year and had a blast. We caught many fish and one 40lb flathead. I am very interested in catching some skippies for bait as we would love to catch a big blue. We are purley catch and release. Take some photos and turn them loose. I purchased 2 sabiski rigs and hope we can use them. If you have any tips or pointers for me I would be grateful. Thanks a lot. You will enjoy this site!!!!!!

7. Darrell L

Darrell L New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have used the sabiski rigs once or twice but to be honest didn't have much luck on them in real stained or muddy water . fairly clear water they work great. even the flies I make for skippies don't work well in muddy water. so far the white curly tails have been best in the real stained or muddy waters around cannelton. But bear in mind I only fish off the banks and mainly off the cannelton or hawsville boat ramps. once in a while below the dam on the Kentucky side. so far this year " after the water got all mudded up" the only thing I have caught skip jacks on is the small white curly tail grubs. doesn't mean nothing else will work of course ; thats just what I have used. I hope you all have a great trip when you come down and I wish you all the luck you can stand. lol
    talk to ya's later Darrell L

8. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC Darrell!

9. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    welcome to the BOC darrell!!

10. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Hey brother Darrell welcome to the BOC!!!

11. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    Thanks a lot Darrell this will help. Even if we dont catch any bigfish this trip we will have a blast because I know that any moment in that river a true moster could smash my bait and head for the house. That river is loaded with big cats and as long as resposible fisherman like our selves turn them loose then we can go back and back forever. We are big into CPR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont have a problem with some smaller fish being taken to eat on ocassion but please guys turn those big brusiers back into the water. I think we would all like to catch a 100lb class fish. This is the only it will happen. Sorry Darrell got off the subject but anyways thanks a lot. Be safe on the water and post some pic we would love to see them.

12. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana

Dont worry, Darrell doesnt eat fish haha

13. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    MAN I WISH WE HAD SKIPS DOWN HERE IN TEXAS I SURE WOULD LIKE TO TRY SOME AND SEE IF THE B LUES DOWN HERE WOULD GIVE THEM A GO.