It seems to me...

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by tomcat85, Feb 15, 2007.

1. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    that carp fishing is getting more and more popular. What do you all think? I think thats its great!

2. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    I think you are right. I think more folks are just looking to get their lines stretched instead of filling the freezer with filets. Carp are perfect for that. Though, I understand some folks enjoy eating them, too. They get so big and fight so hard, why not fish for them?

3. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    i started carp fishin when i almost got a master angler.now im hooked on it.

4. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    yea you're right, its getting more popular... I used carp fishing when I was kid but not anymore. but it's fun to catch them as rough fighter!

5. noeran

noeran New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Yea, I am hooked on Carp Fishing, especially at a pond.

6. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    My gandpa taught me how to fish a loooooooong time ago. All he fished for was carp. He had a secret doughball recipe to catch them, and grandma had a recipe to cook them in. Patience, patience, patience. I fished with him for years until he passed away on 1989. Then I took 7 years off. Didnt even look at my gear or tackle. Then one day, an old freind of my grandpa's called me up and asked how the fishing was up here, and I told him that I hadnt touched a line since my grandpa passed away. He invited me down to Big Lake in Missouri, and we caught some nice carp. It felt like my grandpa was watching me that day, maybe even had that gentleman make that phone call too.
    Since then, Ive been fishing. Our local lakes are stocked with trout, and I will use just corn on light panfish setups. When the trout have had their fill, the carp move in and boy is it fun! Catching a carp from 5-15 lbs on a pan rig will get your blood pumpin real fast!

7. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    yes,i belive it is getting more populare,especilly in north carolina.with all the pl's around and the fact that big money can be won is bringing more and more fishermen(fisherwomen) to the lakes.

8. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    i know what kind of "pond"your talkin about!!!:big_smile:

9. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    That is not good, and it better not happen to gar. If it becomes very popular, the carp populations might decrease and fish will become "pressured" the way bass are. I hope it never becomes too bad. Same here with gar, they are a blast to catch and wouldn't be if everybody fished for them. This is just my opinion. But then for those people who like more of a challenge, it would be a good thing. But I like the way the carp and gar sit on the surface and swim right by. They wouldn't do that if everybody always was throwing bait at them and hooking them.

Thanks for the post, and tight lines:cool2: