It pays to fly first class

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by olefin, Jan 18, 2009.

1. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I like to sit near the back but that changed my mind.

Attached Files:

2. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I like to sit in the middle, that way I can go whatever direction is best...:wink:

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Roll the dice here if I fly "kiss the ground when if I land !"cause ya crashin ya want it quick if thats the way its gotta be.least fer me its mine time:crazy:..Oh yeah that one is wild!:crazy:prolley give everyone a newfound love and respect fer life:roll_eyes:Glad there ok and I wasnt on it:wink:No (fill in the blamk!)!!!:wink:

4. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    It wasn't too many years ago that I was haunted by the aircraft that crashed with nothing left but the tail section intact.

Remember back then, when everyone said that you should sit in the rear of a plane to survive?

I just read some good-sounding advice: always sit within five rows around each exit; that is, the exit row, two rows in front, and two behind. A researcher stated that considering all aircraft accidents, these are the rows with the greatest survivability.

I don't know, but I really don't think there is a safe place on an aircraft that's going down! :crazy:

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    When I flew to Vegas, i thought we got a bad seat over the wing!! at least I would have been the first to see that engine go, then decide what to do after that....

6. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've flown around the world. I grew up flying. Mostly commercial but I have flown in 2 seaters to 200 seaters etc. even Military plane from Spain to Delaware .:cool2:

What I learned a little over 20 years ago for the safest part of the plane. Its when its on the ground. I Keep my feet on the ground. I will not fly again. I'm done with that part of my life. I dont even car pool. LOL. Now if I could just drive 55.:tounge_out:

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Never flown in my life,Never will ,If I have a say in it. My Mother booked me a flight from Dallas to Amarillo once when mt grandmother passed away,I told her if I had to fly ,I wasnt goin,she traded them for a greyhound ticket:wink:

8. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That's a way of getting your feet wet on your first plane flight!:wink:

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nope! NO WAY! My wife has flown many times, and I'm 30 yrs. old and never flown! Never will!!!! She says," It's safer than driving." Oh YEAH! I reply...." Being you know so dam much hun... How many people do you know thats been in a car wreck and survived?" She says, "I dunno a few." OK... " How many do ya know thats been in a plane wreck and survived." She said NONE!..... POINT MADE!!! LOL..... To be serious, the way I see it.. If the good Lord wanted me to fly, I would have feathers hanging from my ass! I ain't no bird!:wink: rollo

10. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    First flying I did was in 1952, the USAF paid for my ticket from San Antonia to Cheyenne, WY. Did some flying in the AF but wasn't on flying status. After the AF the company I worked for had several jets and I few quite often on company business. Over the years wife and I have made many trips by air. Made one in December to Ft Lauderdale, FL.

Only close call was on a USAF plane in 1956 when a combustion engine caught fire. Came back for maintenance, went up and it caught fire again. They got it fixed the last time.

I always take note where we're sitting as far as exits. In the past... I would request seats at the rear