It is freezing up around here

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Mi11er, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Well even the river is freezing up now.:sad2: Most ponds and small lakes have 3-4" of ice. I have been seeing a ton of waterfowl though. They are everywhere. I plan on hitting The Pass for the last time this weekend. The duck season ends on Tuesday:sad2: it never seems to be long enough.

2. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri

It never does seem long enough does it! I am going to go hit a field tonight after work! A buddy of mine as been killing a limit every night this week! I will not be able to hunt this weekend, I am going to make a trip north to see some of my family in Nebraska! I should be back monday night, hoping I will get one more chance here in MO Tuesday. Then I guess I will have to hunt KS until they close on the 28th! Good luck this weekend!

3. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Hey Jess thanks for the heads up on the ice. We haven't seen any ice on the Missouri yet....it may not be down this far.

This pic is from wednesday.

Attached Files:

4. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    That is one sweet pic!!!!Thanks! Reps to you

Ya the ice flow got really bad the last couple days. It will be down there shortly. Get it while the gettings good:big_smile:

5. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good Luck guys, I was goning to hit the fields tonite as well but couldn't get away from work. Super cold temps on the way and high winds. My season might be in the books. Be safe!
    Duck'

6. river_runner_85

river_runner_85 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    yeah the season isn't long enough. after being out of the hunting scene for several years, i got back into it this year and i have the fever. i want to go every single day. all of my duck hunting buddies live down around lexington. i put everything on hold this weekend to go with them but now they changed their minds at last minute. i hate when they do that.

7. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    :wink:river runner you may have to find new friends:big_smile: good luck to you buddy.

8. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Ya no kidding! We may not kill alot of ducks, but I will show up:wink:

9. river_runner_85

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Went to the in laws for a bit this afternoon and i could not believe the sight. I bet there are 300-400 geese sitting on smithville right now in the main channel. I kept watching them fly in. it was amazing. I wish my step dad still had a blind up there.

10. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    You can still hunt out of a boat on smithville can't ya?

11. river_runner_85

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    that i am not sure of. i will have to look into it.