It is either bad or it is not bad... which is it?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by AwShucks, Dec 7, 2006.

1. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
  2. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    who knows anymore? heck pretty soon nothing will be safe to use anymore if the tree huggers have it their way. Ive used my teeth to squeeze lead split shots on my line all my life n i aint dead yet!

3. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    It dont sound good. I bet battery prices dont go down either.

4. suey

suey New Member

State:
    arizona
    one thing is... they dont worry about kids licking the playground swing paint anymore...no more lead in the paint

5. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    Like most things in life, it comes down to keeping things in perspective. Folks tend to knee jerk or be overly emotional about things.
    A glass or two of wine a day is healthy? Three or four is an alcoholic? Very few things in life are all bad or all good. Fruits & Vegis good for you? Yep. But that does not mean eating tons of fruit and vegis daily is good for you. You can die from drinking to much water. Is lead dangerous or bad? My guess is yes when overly exposed. Does that mean I'm wearing medical gloves when I pick up a fishing weight? Not a chance.
    Oh, when it comes to politics ... it's always about the money or getting the vote. Sometimes these two are not mutally exclusive. Being "right" or "wrong" tends to be no more than a by-product.

6. keithcatfish

keithcatfish New Member

State:
    Maryville, TN
    Probably bad. Lead that is released into the atmosphere and inhaled is easily assimilated into your body. Chunks of lead (sinkers, shotgun pellets etc..) don't pose much of a threat to your health unless they are ingested. Better to be cautious. I'm willing to pay a few more cents for a bag of sinkers.

7. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    kieth said it right lead in a solid form posses no threat to anyone unless injested and then it will usually pass threw a persons digestive system with minor discomfort ( depending on the size of the piece injested ) lead dust inhaled is the major cause of lead poisoning or breathing the fumes from a smelting pot for a long time can also harm the human body i worked in a lead smelter for about a year and this is what they taught us

8. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Man, some kind of policy making. Hey guys we've virtually eliminated the threats of lead ingestion. Lets quit doing it so we can make more money, Yep sounds about right.:angry:

9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    And I always thought lead posioning was from being on the wrong end of a firearm.

10. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Was is it that that does not surpise me?
    Bill