It had to happen!

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I had some fine folks from Dallas Texas, New York, Kentucky, etc. for a fishing outing and my trolling motor got lonesome for Fishermen's Friend, the people that work on Minn Kota trolling motors. About two hours into the trip it just quit working. It has been approx. 2 1/2 years since they worked on it. So, I get home, eat and take my nab and then go down to the boat and check out the batteries, wiring and control box. After finding nothing wrong, I went back to the house and got my spare (trolling motor). Every thing fine now as it relates to the trolling motor functions. As for fishing, I had my worst outing to date, we only caught four blues, largest 3 3/4 pounds and one white perch. When things go bad on LKN, they go real BAD! :angry:But, tomorrow is another day and another trip. I have posted this in part for the new guys/gals to let them know that every thing does not go right when you are fishing and for some of you older guys/gals, this is to let you know that I don't walk on water. Mac

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    the fishermans friend well i havent taken anything to them folks and got it back fixed yet. dad took his to them last year and long story short after they search for him a new one for over a week an couldnt find one well he picked it up and made one phone call and got a new one 2 days later. im not impressed with them folks. his warranty had just ran out and they couldnt get parts for a 1000.00 trolling motor. something is wrong with that picture. maybe it wasnt there fault on the parts but why cannot they get a new one.

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

MAC, stop it. We all KNOW you walk on water :wink:. But I get whatcha mean, fishin' is just THAT.....FISHIN'. Been on Lake Norman too many times NOT to know it, and other lakes 'round here for that matter. A fishin' excursion is just like life, or in Forrest Gump's words, a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get!!! :confused2:

4. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    have u tried contacting minn kote directly they could prob tell u someone better to take it to or u can tell them about fishermans freind. everytime i have had to get something worked on by them alot of times it came back worse than what i droped it off as so i hav just started fixing them my self

5. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Well, the fish were biting and we managed to get some in the boat. They are still in the 3 to 6 pound class. Did have two major pole benders and one made it a little ways to the boat before it came off. Found problem with trolling motor and with advice from ThaBear I got it fixed.

If everything works out, I will be taking Brother Josh from PA fishing tomorrow. He is the young fellow that wrote the board a month or so ago saying that he was coming down and wanted to know where to fish from the bank. So, being a southern catman, I am giving him a freebe on the mighty LKN. I might go from being a hero to a zero.:embarassed:

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I think the fish messed with motor. They are not too smart, but I bet they finally figured out the motor had something to do with the pierced lips. Just my opinion....:eek:oooh:

Glad to hear you are taking a brutha fishin'!! Good man!