Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

it got real,

3K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  River_monster91 
#1 ·
I know some think the covid is government BS and others know it may be true, A few weeks ago my friend and coworker passed from covid complications. just found out his wife is now sick, don't know if it is covid, While in the hospital he called me pleading me never to take off my mask. Now this is a guy who thought the mask and shots was bs, Company mandate made us were masks and get vaccinated. He did get fully vaccinated and wore a mask while working in buildings, but he still got covid, For three weeks he was in the hospital. Hearing how it affected him no one would want to suffer like he did, The stories of how it takes your ability to breath is true, it also affects other parts of your body as well. He ended up on a ventilator and shortly after he passed, his body shut down. Just think while laying there knowing your going to die and not able to do anything about it, what goes though you mind? I'm telling this story to let you know covid and the variants are real, if you believe or not. take precautions. better side on caution than be laying there knowing you may never come out of it, or be the same if you do. I read facts that most times most people who kick the virus have after affects and are never back to 100%.

#2 ·
My 42 nephew succumbed to affects of what was said to be covid just a few weeks ago.
The guy was "strong as a horse " before he came down with it. His company had mandated vaccinations and masks. He still died from it.

#11 · (Edited)
There was a couple in Texas I knew of first hand. The lady got sick and was hospitalized, while in there she got worse and didn't know anything. Mean while her husband caught it and was hospitalized also. She never even knew her husband was in the hospital.

She died, then he died. The really sad part is they had three kids and the oldest had just started collage and had a part time job. The three kids were left with nothing, and the collage aged one was having to work to support them. The younger brother was 13, and the other sister was 15. The parents left no will.

#13 ·
One year ago to the day l was on the hospital with Covid pneumonia. No vaccines were available yet. Five days in the hospital, one month on O2 at home another six weeks to get back to normal. I am an RN, l believe in vaccines, but this one is different, l have had all three. I wear a mask only where required. A mask will help stop droplets from a cough or sneeze does little else. The disease is real, in the beginning it was those with comorbidities that were dying the most. Now it is mostly the unvaccinated who are being hospitalized. The vaccines help to keep you out of the hospital, little else. The disease is real and will be around forever, l am pro vaccines, l am against mandates.

#15 ·
I guess that is why the ones vaccinated get a little sick and the ones that don’t get vaccinated go into the hospital and some die. Not hard to see that most that are hospitalized are not vaccinated.

#21 ·
I just spent 3 weeks in CCU with a nasty case of COVID including COVID pneumonia in both lungs while my wife who was infected and had it at the same only had a mild case back before Christmas. This is typical, the majority of people who get COVID only have the "bad flu" symptoms while others end up with a serious case. Even the doctors don't know why. But I found out from talking to the Doctors and nurses that patients with what are called commodities (i.e. obesity, heart problems, untreated high blood pressure and other health problems) are at the greatest risk of serious cases with complications. Unfortunately, I was quite obese tipping the scales at about 310lbs (I'm 6'1") so I don't have to many doubts that my weight was a major contributing factor. HOWEVER I did lose 40lbs while in the hospital (not eating anything for 2 1/2 weeks will do that) and another 20 since I've been home. I've been saying for almost a year that I needed to lose 100lbs, and with that jump start, I'm down to 250lbs after breakfast this morning...only 30 more to go!

Unfortunately, almost everything about COVID and the vaccines has been so politicized and weaponized that we will never know the real truth.

#24 ·
My pregnant wife is a flight nurse. She used to spend her 12 and 24 hour shifts flying traumas, heart attacks, strokes, etc before covid. Now it’s mostly Covid for the last 2 years. If you live in a rural area you better hope your local hospital is amazing because if you have a stroke or heart attack now, you’re likely going to be in your local hospital for days before a bed opens up and I’m including in your neighboring state. If you don’t know what the percentages show in regards to giving you your best chance of survival, talk to a nurse actually caring for Covid patients. It’s very clear at this point. Arguing that it’s ineffective because some vaccinated people still die is the same as people arguing against seatbelts or motorcycle helmets. I was a police officer for almost 20 years and I can easily tell you what gives you the best chance of survival. I don’t care if you choose to ride on the hood of your car, though. You’ll only kill yourself. I also don’t care if you choose to not get vaccinated. But don’t call for medical personnel to save you if you get Covid after not listening to them. You’re killing other people when you make that decision. Their medical opinion wasn’t good enough before you were dying. Sadly, my wife and thousands like her will still come try and save your life regardless. Every single unvaccinated patient, while actively dying, is apologetic, scared, and feeling sorry for themselves. Please save your apology and deal with the consequences of your decisions at home. Stay safe everyone. Make your own decisions and make sure your decisions affect you and you only. I do not expect to change opinions, my own father is unvaccinated and that will not change. Stop making it a political issue and talk to a medical provider that actually cares for Covid patients (not your family, clinic provider)

#25 ·
I only tend to listen to the virologists or medical professionals that have nothing to gain by hyping up Covid. If they have nothing to gain why would they lie? I have a healthy immune system so there is no way I will get a vaccine that is untested that could destroy my immune system for life. Once you get the shot it can't be reversed. For people to say that the unvaccinated are a problem is like what Hitler said about the Jews telling everyone that they were inferior and contagious. I just recovered from being sick the last 10 days, fever early, aching joints, absolutely no energy, shortness of beath, no appetite and a dull headache the entire time. Since there is no flu anymore I guess I had Covid? Yall make informed decisions on your own and don't let someone else make life changing ones for you.

#26 ·
well i managed the catch the wu flu, 30 years old, think i would rather have this than a regular cold or influenza. have a minor sore throat and cant taste/smell is the worst part. i know everybody reacts different but theres only one way to build an immunity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.