It gets me everytime

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Chief, May 5, 2006.

1. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    went and bought a brand new husqvarna(sp) weedeater at lowes. i was impressed with there chainsaws so i was hoping that finally someone has mastered the weedeater! get him home gas it and string it and off i go. boy is she running nice. that is until it gets to that crucial part where every freakin weedeater i ever tried fails! feeding out new line!!!!!! it just plain gets stuck everytime. i double checked the directions. took my time respooling. same thing cut for 3 minutes throw down a few cuss words take the spool off yank the line out slap it back together. i've had it. let the #&%@ weeds grow! i'm this close [----] to switching to chemical warfare! alright i feel better now

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I switched to those plastic blads along time ago. Just snap em in, easy to replace and work great.

I am with ya on the line, it plain sucks.

3. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Ain't it the truth. I reset the line manualy. Been doing it so long it comes naturally. However, I only trim grass and very smaller weeds with the string. Anything bigger, I switch to the steel blade.

4. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Same problem with me. I've never had a weedeater that would feed the line out right. Here I thought that I was the only one doing something wrong.

5. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I use a Weed Eator brand weed eater, it feeds out line perfectly. If you wrap it the wrong way it wont feed properly. Also if you wrap it up too loose or too tight it wont work right either, you just have to keep trying it until you get it right.

6. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    that's ture about wrapping the line right, which I've only ever seemed to figure out how to do once, and have since forgotten.

I ended up switching to those plastic blades like Matt talked about, and they're a lot less of a pain to use. They cut pretty well too.

7. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Try winding the line loose. If you put too much tension when you wind it the line will stick together. I spent way too much time with a trimmer and after I stopped winding it tight the line stopped sticking.

8. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Those line feeders never work. I got a setup for mine that just holds a piece of weed line about 14" long, just replace it when you need to and i love it.

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Only major problem I've had with weed eaters was caused once on a new one... it would not automatically feed out line! Called Weed Eater, they said the arrow on the line reel was pointing wrong and they sent new reel and head.

10. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    I HATE weed eaters, I have had big ones and small ones, these suckers
    are a big pain in my backside. Doesn't matter if you pay a hundred dollars
    or five hundred they are all junk as far as I'm concerned. My latest was a four stroker...it was no more reliable as a $90.00 whacker. String always
    gets hung up or breaks...I spend more time rewinding these suckers...
    than I do trimming. Like one of the earlier posts I use the blades...work
    great...I seem to not use the Lords name in vane as often I used to LOL.

11. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    A few years ago I bought a commercial grade sthil weed eater. I've been real happy with it. It has a double spool in the head, which is a little complicated to rewind until you get used to it. But once it's full it last forever before it runs out. It gives very little problems on feeding the line out as long as it's wound right.

12. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    I have an Echo, dual feed and love it. Bought a cheapy when the daughters stupid boyfriend put regular gas in my echo and froze the motor. Hate the cheapy one, so took my echo and had a new motor put on it, back to lovin it again now. Boyfriend is gone too, like that even more.

13. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    bought a new sthil couple years ago and havnt had any trouble with it.Like the easy start dont have to jerk my hand of just slowly pull it up.