It finally happened !

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Today I went to Gander Mtn in Mooresville and bought me a Mister Heater to go in my enclosed Lund. For many decades I have fished in an open boat in subfreezing conditions and tuffed it, but no more. I have joined the Girlie/Men and the only thing I got left to do is purchase a hot water thingy for my hot tea.

PS, to keep myself humble, I have not zipped in the rear plastic screen.

2. larry d. grady

larry d. grady Member

State:
    north caro
    mac,you have nothing to prove to us on the boc.ZIP that sucker up.

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Nothing girlie man about being warm...Enjoy...W

4. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I think a lot of time "toughing it out" translates into "dumb" LOL! If you can afford it and have the means certainly heat that thing and zip it up!

I've looked at getting an enclosure for my little 16ft jon boat! Just don't want to pay half what the boat, motor, and trailer cost just for the top/enclosure.

5. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I'd zip that dude up in a heartbeat. Nothing unmanly about staying warm.

Hell, I'd pipe in a full kitchen and satellite tv if I could, LOL!!!!! Too rich for my blood though.

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Looks good to me.Nothing wrong with wanting to stay warm. Close it up and go fishing.Got it enjoy it.

7. Deepwater1

Deepwater1 New Member

State:
    Toccoa, GA
    Nothing wrong with that. I'm thinking about putting some type of enclosure on my 20' Carolina Skiff. Last time I was out it was 28 degrees when we left the ramp, ran a couple miles uplake, and I'm just getting over the cold/flu from it. 30 MPH + 28 Deg = sick at home.
    For me, being warm can mean more time on the water, and that's GOOOOOOD. :Happy:

8. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Mac.

Uhhhhh....

Mac.

Heater huh?

Wow....

Listen, no offense, but I really had to delete you from the speed dial key on my phone, and you are not in my caller ID anymore so you may have to leave a message so I can call you back later. No offense, I just don't want people to see your name pop-up on the phone and say, "you actually know him??"

:Happy:

Wow...

That day I fished with you on your new Lund, and I saw the curtains, I knew it would not be long. You had that space that stayed cleared out, and I knew it was for a heater. I knew it would not be long.

Listen Mac, we have the Carolina Catfish Club meeting Monday night, and uh, you're not gonna show up with a blanket are you?

:silly:

9. holliswood

holliswood Well-Known Member

State:
    King, NC
    I used to never where thermo's in winter. Now I do even though my buddies laugh at me. With that being said, Glad you're able to stay warm on the water. If anybody picks on you, just grin and wave!

10. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC

Now that's hot!