It don't get any better than this

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Bobpaul, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    I just got back from Fl yesterday and Sunday was my last day there.

Sunday afternoon was spent at the "Lone Cabbage Fish Camp", outside of Cocoa Fl, on the St John's River, with the kids.

Unlike a true fish camp, this place had a southern rock band, served gator tail dinners, had airboats, bass boats, plenty of Harleys in the parking lot, a couple of sand hill cranes walking around, and more true "Rednecks in one spot than is legal.

Here's a few pics of the place I used to spend my Sunday afternoons at.

The last pic is of my daughter, granddaughter and grandson. My Grandson is in his dirt bike clothes. He broke his foot that morning when he wiped out. He's six years old.

Attached Files:

2. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    a few more pics.

A view of the St John's in that area.

The camp airboat w/500hp V8 Chevy engine and a 3 blade carbon fiber prop.

Attached Files:

3. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    A few more.

The group tour boat

Me and the grandkids

My son and grandson

Attached Files:

4. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Not done yet.

Sandhill Cranes at the side door.

Airboat traffic, idle speed only near the camp, but them things can roar.

Attached Files:

5. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    That's about it.

I did get to meet one of the gals from the group with the motorcycles. Can't recall her name right now, but her clame to fame is that she's one of the former American Gladiators from the TV show. All of them gals were in great shape to do that show, and she's still a knock out.

On the way home, I stopped off at Jim Hudson's again and we had a nice visit with Paul and Betty.

6. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Hey Bob,
    Thanks for sharing the pics! Boy do they bring back memories... LOL

I am glad you had a great trip and got to spend time with the family.

Did you do any detecting while you were down there? And if you did, did you find anything?

Have a great Turkey Day hon!

Barb

7. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Detecting? Oh yeah, I hit every beach from Daytona to Sebastien Inlet. That's over 100 miles of different beaches. Found about 25.00 in coins and some jewelry my granddaughtor got.

Yeah, I had a ball!!!

8. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Now that is the kind of vacation I need to take. I think I need to get me one of those air boat engines for my pontoon.:lol:

9. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Sure Bubba, just get one of those older 500cid Cadillac engines or one of the old aluminum block Buick V6's. That's what the guys used years ago if you couldn't afford a A Lycoming or Continental airplane engine.

10. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    Sounds like you had a great vacation Bob. Thank you for sharing it with us with all those great pictures.

11. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Thanx Robert. So when ya bringin the tour up my way? LOL!

12. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Thanks for sharing Bob. I've run my harley down that way a couple times, but missed that spot...looks great. Gosh the little guy must a took a real spill to break his foot. Looks like y'all had him outfitted good. Bet he's right back on it soon. Really enjoyed the photos, looks like you are truly blessed. Happy Thanksgiving.

13. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Coming from Orlando, it's rt 50 and go east, then rt 520 towards Cocoa. Coming up I-95, just get off at the Rt 520 exit Cocoa Fl and head west about 8 miles. It's right on the St John's River at the new bridge construction.

If you get a nice Sunday afternoon, the parking lot will be loaded with Harley's and a few rice burners.

14. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Sorry big guy, but I was in Joisy many years ago and never felt the need to go back

15. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Why did you come back? I think you found heaven!
    Bill

16. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    A few years back we went to universal and a day trip to nasa and on the way back we stopped at lone cabbages your right it is a cool place we had soft shell turtle gator tail I think some catfiish as well. talk about in the middle of nowere we stopped just because it was there I'm glad we did it was tons of fun.I got the hat, and my wife got a mug and teeshirt.

17. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    If you ever get a chance to take your boat there, you won't regret it.

I can put you on schools of 1# to 3# crappie, the biggest bluegill you ever caught and more catfish than you know what to do with. You can even catch a few bass there.:lol:

18. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Bob, sounds like you had some fun. Thanks for sharing the pics, and hope the grandson gets better fast! Really sounds like a swell place, will have to check it out if i ever get over that way! Thanks again!

19. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    We may have crossed paths as I got home yesterday from the same area. I camped down the road from the Iron Horse in Daytona Beach for several days and wondered around other areas the rest of the time. I really enjoy being around all the different types of people and I was surprised how little money my trip cost when compared to other of course as you must know the trick to that area is not to be there during special events. My RV spot was 20 per night for full hook up to include cable and internet at the Encore super park. The same spot during special events are 80 per night plus extra for cable and internet and 10 dollars per extra person. Everything in the Daytona Beach area can be bargained for during off times and the local restaurant offer great prices. In most places like Daytona winter cost more because of the warmer weather but in winter the Daytona area is one of the best deals going.

Glad you had a good time. I sure enjoyed my time doing mostly nothing. I surly will plan a return trip.