It always happens this way.

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by splitshot, Aug 31, 2006.

1. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Fished for four hrs today, not a single bite. I left one rod in the water while im lugging all my gear up to the truck. As i am puttting my stuff in the back of the truck, my bait clicker starts screaming. Well i dropped everything and the race is on, cept i cant run very fast cause i have a rod and a bunch of screws in my leg. By the time i got there ---- you guessed it the fish had run out about 40 ft. of line and dropped it. Now i gotta tell ya fellers, this seems to happen to me way to often, and im starting to get a complex. I swear them cats know when i get more than 50 ft. away from my pole, I can just hear them saying; come and get it fellas splitshot has left the area.:wink: Please tell me im not the only one this happens to.LOL:crazy:

2. maverick43812

maverick43812 New Member

State:
    ohio
    thats happened a few times to me specially here lately. dont no maybe i need to change deodrant or cologne and they can smell it or what but they no when you get beyond that point of no return. so dont feel bad they get the best of us (and the worst of us)lol

3. BigGreen

BigGreen New Member

State:
    IL
    Oh the fish know. You know how we got fish finders? Well they got perimeter alerts! Anytime somone gets 20 or more feet away from their pole they attack.

What happens to me is I help my buddy or his kids with thier pole or bait and BOOM!! The minute I step away they attack my pole but when I go to set it NOPE their gone w/free lunch. The fish call me soup kitchen.

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    It be like that, at times.

5. catfishn72

catfishn72 New Member

State:
    WhEELING,WEST VIRGINIA
    all night friday night me, wolfman ,jruckman36,had the same problam. so we started staying away from the poles it seemed to work for awhile.

6. quail man

quail man New Member

State:
    n c
    never seems to fail lol

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Splitshot, you can always do what I do. As you can see by my avatar I am round so instead of running I roll. I can get there twice as fast, lmao.

8. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    UMMM, maybe ill try that.:roll_eyes: lol

9. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    buddy your not the only one

10. Wildchilde01

Wildchilde01 New Member

State:
    Texas
    lol, it never fails I can watch my lines for hours and walk up to the truck to get a coke or water and come back with April fighting a fish on MY rod.

She says the fish like her, at this point I tend to agree.

11. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I'm always guaranteed to get a bite when nature calls....not proud of it but there has been a few times where I've tried to set the hook while whizzing off the side of the boat. hey it happens

12. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Yep that never fails. If I turn away from the rod holder on the boat that seems to make the fish bite. Circle hooks helped me fix that issue.

13. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    What kind of circle hook are you using?

14. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Splitshot

Sorry to here alot of you guys are giving up on fish !! Try making very sturdy rod holders and "TIGHT-LINING" and you will not be giving up on these and other fish. Opinion: When you free-line you ALLOW the fish to drop the baits after they run.

Just tryin to help ya'll. :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

15. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    thats why a lot of fishermen i know wear camo lol to hide from the fish , fish believe it or not can see you sitting there , you might try laying down on the ground or prop a forked stick up next to yer truck and put yer coat on it and sneek back down to the rods lol

16. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have had that happen to me several times and to tell ya the truth it bums me out,but such is life,it's the way things work sometimes!---------pk powell:big_smile:

17. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Yep, get bored and decide to play with Buck or somethin and Wham-o I get a bite! Never seem to get to my pole in time to set the hook either!...Grrrrrrrrrr!

18. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    it never fails.i walked up to get cell phone out of truck a couple nights ago,came back to pole bouncing.got there too late.lol.

19. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    It happens to me just about every other time I fish. You're not alone man.

20. DirtyHowi

DirtyHowi New Member

State:
    va
    ya mean it's not supposed to work that way?? hmmm...thought that's the way it's supposed to be as it happens all the time.