"IT" 09-18-08

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by samh, Sep 18, 2008.

1. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    great looking deer, thanks for sharing

2. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    why do ya call him it ??? he look's a lil funky around the base , thanx's for the pic sam !!!!

3. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    "IT" has been around the farm for over 4 years now, we get pictures of him year round and his rack has never changed or shed, no even the velvet,from the first pictures I got of him 4 years ago, the body has got a lot bigger, but the head gear is the same. In all that time of get'n pictures of him ( and "IT" is a him) no one has ever seen him in person, except one time earlier this year when my SIL saw him, only pictures. I've alway got pictures of him pretty regular until the tornado came through here on May 2. Had pictures of him the day before the storm and then one set in the middle of June and then none until these. He's got to be kind'a the mascot around here.

4. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Hey, "Cousin It" is back! Great; glad to see he's still roaming around. Maybe he'll wander back "home" once the deer season gets started. Sure hope any hunters will let him walk. It's always nice seeing pictures of him.
    Thanks again, Sam.
    How did y'all fare through the recent Hurricane weather?

5. nycathunter

nycathunter New Member

State:
    New York?
    "IT" is different for sure i wonder why he left is the neighbors food better lol i hope IT cant breed . if he was on my property he would be taken only cause i wouldnt want him breeding an making little ITS :eek:oooh:

6. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Thanks for the pics!

7. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    How did y'all fare through the recent Hurricane weather?[/QUOTE]

Lots of rain and a several hours of 45 to 60 mph wind out of Ike, I do a rain gauge for the national weather service here on the farm, right now we've had 65 inches of rain this year, our normal yearly total is 48 inches. If it doesn't rain again for the rest of the year, we've already had the 7th wettest year on record.

8. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    The biologist from the AGFC and my veterinarian both say there's no danger of him breed'n anything. As to why "IT" is it. My veterinarian buddy says he either got casterated or damaged in that area or (more likely) got a hard lick to the head by a car or something. A hit to the head can damage the pituitary gland, that contolls the production of testosterone which controlls antler growth.

As to kill'n him, even if we wanted too, he's been on this place for a least 4 years and except for one quick glance by my SIL this summer, "IT" has never been seen in person. This is a working farm that we all live on and work on and hunt on, and he stays mostly right in the middle of it, not 200 yards from my house. He knows how to stay out of sight, in 4 years of get'n picture of him, year round, I only have one picture of him in the daytime, all the rest are at night.

9. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Is this the first time he`s left his home ???

10. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    He's come up missing for a couple of weeks before, but never this long, of course a tornado run'n through his bedroom probably didn't help.

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I seen a buck a lady owned that had been casterated, and she said his rack didn't shed like normal deer. Dogs run it off a bluff and broke it's leg and when the vet splinted it, they went ahead and had him cut to keep someone from gettin hurt during the rut. Neat pic's and it's odd he is so reclusive.