Issaquena Lake

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Redneck in a Skiboat, May 4, 2009.

1. Redneck in a Skiboat

Redneck in a Skiboat New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Anybody ever fish Issaquena? Whats in there?

2. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I was there on Saturday looking around but I don't know much about it either. I did catch a few bream while I was there.

I did see boats flipping minnows...maybe for crappie ?

3. Redneck in a Skiboat

State:
    South Caro
    Jim, I was thinking thinking about taking my son and one of his friends up there to catch bass and bream, but since you said crappie I think I'll get take a couple dozen minnows and try the crappie too.

4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Its a nice little place there. I think its a no gas motor lake...not sure. I took my son there and let him get the bream off the bank....next time I think I will use the BBQ's they have there ; )

5. Redneck in a Skiboat

State:
    South Caro
    Yeah, it really is a nice place. I was told you could use a gas motor, but it is idle speed only, no wake for the entire lake. I took my 11 year old daughter up there and let her drive the truck all over the place she had a blast especially crossing the creek that the road goes through.

6. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    I have fished there a good bit over the years.There are some cats in there but , not big numbers or size. The crappie fishing is pretty good and bream also. Never been much of a bass fisherman but I would assume they were there as well. You can use your gas motor at Idle.

Steve

7. Redneck in a Skiboat

State:
    South Caro
    Steve, were those cats Channels?

8. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Channels and small flatheads

Steve

9. Redneck in a Skiboat

State:
    South Caro
    Well, I tried out Issaquena. Thursday evening I got there about 6:15 and caught 18 nice bream before dark. Went back this morning and didn't do as well I had 8 keepers and tossed back about 5 small ones. I would have kept them for Catfish bait, but I'm probally not going to fish tonight or tomorrow. Didn't try the cats or bass. It's a nice place to go with a small boat.