Is this stupid? 8' Black Pearl vs 7' Super Spreader SS-1000

Discussion in 'Castnet(s)' started by awilco, Oct 6, 2009.

1. awilco

awilco New Member

State:
    va
    Ok guys was this a stupid move? Just ordered a Black Pearl 1/2" x 8' gold 1.6 lbs per foot. I have been using a Super Spreader 3/8" x 7'. Watched the guides catch more bait while I was tossing in the same area. Hope this is an investment and not a waste of $$.

What is the word here, worth the $200 vs $49?

THX
    Redman

2. awilco

awilco New Member

State:
    va
    Tried to edit my post did not see where I could.

FYI, the net is great and worth the $$s. Can hardly believe the difference in the bait I can now net. Before, exact same spot, my net would come up with one or three baits, now I am getting 40 or 50 at a time and they are larger. As a test I threw my old net, same almost no baits. Then threw my new net and picked up just about a bait tank full.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Redman Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. Congrats on the new net. The added weight makes a major difference.:0a25::0a25::0a23:

4. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    what do you get when you buy a cheap net?Thats right a cheap net, I throw a 9 ft 1.25lb with 1/2in. mesh I Love that net, it sinks great and throws really good.:0a22:

5. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    not a stupid buy if your happy with it an can justify buying a 200$ net I my self use a 7ft super spreader it works fine for me were I catch bait you loose a net every now an then 200$ a net I cant afford two or three of them every month or two