is this normal

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by richmondherperman, Oct 23, 2008.

1. richmondherperman

richmondherperman New Member

State:
    va
    It was my first time flathead fishing at pony pasture but i have bin cast netting there for years. I got some red pony lol for bait about 4 to 6 inch's each as night fall i rigged up on the bank of the small island with vary light cat tackle and c hooks. It was not long for one of my reels to pull some line 5 min or so he pulled the hook then i had a nother hit it and splash around 5 min later lost him and this keped happening every 5 to 10 min at about 1:am i was getting going and me and my buddy were tacking our stuff thew the water on to the shore and wen i looked at my reel with no clicker just the drag backed off ALL the line was played off 350 yards and i reeled it up and on the end was nothing no rig nothing. By the way it was this spring.:angry:

2. jwfish

jwfish New Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    It sounds like you were fishing a area with some gar they are great at steeling baits and very fast runs.They are hard to hook with there boney mouths.

3. richmondherperman

richmondherperman New Member

State:
    va
    I know there were gar in that area but i never got my line scrached i looked for that.