Is this legal in Arkansas?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by Jimmy Don, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Jimmy Don

Jimmy Don Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Is it legal to use crappie heads, left after cleaning your catch, for bait? I've looked in the AGFC fishing regs. and I can't find anything about it there. I have also e-mailed them, but I haven't heard back yet.

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Sorry, NOT legal! The regs say, "You may not legally: ... Use gamefish, or parts thereof, for bait or lures."

3. Jimmy Don

Jimmy Don Member

State:
    Arkansas
    That's what I thought, kind of seems like a waste.

4. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Yea it seems like a waste to me but they have their reasons:big_smile:

5. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    they make those laws for guys like me.if i could use parts of game fish for bait id buy a trout stamp.then i could catchem cut off their heads give the fish to my nabor and have some realy good cat bait.lol

6. Fishingflame

Fishingflame New Member

You know you all have a point there. Its going to be thrown away anyway, but i can understand what you mean about them having their reason's.

7. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    Lets say that it is legal to use crappie heads for bait or any game fish for that matter, that would open up the door for people to catch them, cut their heads off, and throw the rest away. Then when they get checked all they would have to do is tell the warden or ranger that they caught those fish and cleaned them.