Is this insane?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by coltsfan, Aug 28, 2006.

1. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    just seeing what everybody thinks about this idea.should all fish be tagged in at the end of the day?i've noticed alot of threads about people being pissed off about what other people catch and take home to eat(big fish)!so lets say at the end of the day you have to take your catch to a local bait shop so they can record what you catch (species)(length)(weight).and lets say one person could only keep one fish per year over 20 pounds.would'nt this let the odnr know alot more about the fish population so it could be taken care of alot better.i know that this seems far fetched but it is done with deer and turkey and to a point waterfowl.just wondering what your thoughts are?

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    It would be too hard to enforce, plus with you taking all of your fish to the bait shop to tag or wherever how are you going to bring the fish. I dont have a boat so I would be bringing them in after not breathing for a long time they would die. Of course I release all of mine anyways so would need to to that with mine.

3. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    i know ther is alot of problems with this idea.like what you said plus alot of people stop fishing in the middle of the night so who is going to register the fish.how about a honor system maybe.rf you wrote down the info and just turned it in this would give them an idea of what is being caught so they could ajust it for the future

4. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    I think that they sould be taged at contest but not everyday

5. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    In Texas salt water,commerical guide boats are required to report there catches. I believe its just done by the honor system. The red snapper season is decided by the number of fish reported. One year we went our normal schedule, and the seaon had already closed because of large numbers of red snapper already taken.