Is this fishing?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by LEROYDOZOIS, May 4, 2007.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    i thought about getting some nylon seine twine and some big hooks and some huge weights and going fishing off my boat for some huge cats

i thought of just droping the bait ,hook, and weight off the side of the side of the boat and letting a cat eat it

is there fishing like taht that i didnt no about

2. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I really cant tell if this is a serious question or not hehe :crazy:

Not any different that when the old timers broke a willow branch off and tied the twine to it... Or the legendary vision of Huck Fin snoozing with the twine tied around his toe :cool2:

3. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Sounds just like a limb line except it is attached to the boat Good luck.

4. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    i was gona buy the line from catconnection and make a loop on one end then the hook on another. then put the loop on the rope brackets on my boat :big_smile:

5. Rhinospawn

Rhinospawn New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    sounds like a cool way to catch em.. you want real fun, then tie it off on a 10' john boat or smaller. feel like JAWS!!!! pulling the boat around. ahh..

good luck

6. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i dont get it? are your poles broke? are you all out of jugs? are trotlines too much work? or is this just for something different? no offense i'm just curious.

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    What do u mean? Is u going jug fishing?

8. LiveWire

LiveWire New Member

State:
    LaVergne, Tennessee
    How will you know when you have a fish on? Or you just gonna check it every so often?

9. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Make sure to check your local laws. Some states are real strict about what you can use and how you use it. For instance in Texas a jug line is attached to a free floating device and can have a max of 5 hooks. Has to be orange(commerical) or white(non commerical). I dont know if what your trying to do would be considered a jug line, a trotline, neither, or something in between.

10. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    well so far some of u think im a nut for asking this but i was just curious of something so easy for fishing

i go up the colorado river alot and usually take a daycruiser so i dont take the 9 poles i have for shore fishing

plus alls i need is the spool of twine and some kahle hooks, maby some weights :tounge_out:

11. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    its legal cause ive herd this from a fish&game guy who fishes while he works

12. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    if you are smart you will get you a 1 lbs bluegill and use it for bait. there are some monstersin the river. i know a guy out here who pulled a 63lbs and a 40 the next day. he was bank fishing down here in the lower colorado. sounds like it could work though. as long as there isnt a lot of noise in the boat while you are fishing.

13. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    If you do catch a monster, how to you intend to land it? If the fish is fighting, pulling in line by hand will be no fun. Then again, this could be a new version of the "Nantucket sleigh ride".

-- Rich

14. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I would definantly suggest useing a fishing pole with a reel attatched. JMHO. Or, set some bank lines, and go check them periodically. A string with a hook, and weight thrown over the side of the boat does not sound logical or practical to me.

15. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    They call that hand fishing. I didnt think any does it anymore.

16. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    U know when u got a fish on, when the jug start moving.

17. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    Sounds like a modern day version of "The Old Man and The Sea" story.
    Better hope ther's no Marlin around :big_smile:
    Loop

18. Krypler

Krypler New Member

State:
    Texas
    never heard of that but it could be done

19. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Suit yourself amigo. If it were me, I'd definitely have a bungee chord or something similar attached to the line, so you'll have at least a little bit of give. If you just use straight chord with weight & hook, then something will have to give if you get a biggun on..... my guess would be the chord or the hook. Use a bungee chord, a piece of an old inner tube, or something.

Good luck. Let us know how it works. I still think a rod & reel would be much more fun.:big_smile:

20. Buckscent

Buckscent New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Never thought of that, but seems like a good idea