Is this a reputable business?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by festus, Jan 1, 2010.

1. festus

festus New Member

Does anyone know if Dunn's Sporting Goods is a dependable company to do Internet business with? I read 7 reviews on them, 3 people disliked them, the other 4 praised them.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Festus I have dealt with Dunns Sporting Goods in Marion, Il and Paducah Ky for many years. I have never had a problem with them. Some items are a little higher than other places at time. I would recommend them. Especially the Marion Store, Managed by Dennis Dunn, the son.

3. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    I have bought a few items from the Paducah Ky. location.Like Mickey stated they are pricey but do have a good selection of new and used gun as well as an indoor archery range.I most of the time do buisness with Uncle Lee's in greenville , Ky.They have a nice mail order buisness under the name of wing supply.

4. festus

festus New Member

This one is in Peaveley (sp?) Missouri. They have a couple of items cheaper than I can find them elsewhere.

5. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    That is their first store, been there for a very long time, they tried one up here by me in St. Charles but had to close it down after the Bass pro shop opened, their prices were just to high.

6. MoHunt

MoHunt Member

State:
    Missouri
    I beleive Dean Dunn manages the store in Pevely; and all three are run by the same family. Was a customer when they ran a retail store in Florissant years ago and the St Charles store before they sold to Gateway Outfitters. I've even been to their Pevelly store on special occassion.

Although I've never bought from them on the internet, have had nothing but good service when dealing with their retail stores.

I realize I'm the new guy, but would highly recommend them.

BTW, Gateway Outfitters; the old Dunn's, folded two weeks ago...had fishing tackle for 50% off...bought my own birthday and Christmas presents for years to come! I mean years!

7. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I live about 1 mile from the Dunn store in Pevely Mo.
    As others have said on this thread, they usually are a bit pricey on some stuff. That being said I've purchased some stuff there just because they are so close, and have a pretty big selection of stuff. The Pevely store parking lot is always full.

8. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Never done the internet with them, but have bought from them for many years with no problems. Yes, they normally have stuff that can be had cheaper at other locations, but they've always treat me right.

9. festus

festus New Member

Thanks for all the replys, my friends, I won't hesitate to do business with them. :wink: I'll look over the rest of their inventory and see if I maybe need a few other items.

10. FishinJack

FishinJack New Member

State:
    LakeoftheOzarks
    They are good guys. You can trust em. their prices might be a touch higher than the big stores like the other guys have said. They have been around for a while.

11. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Back in the mid 60's, they were a wholesaler to a lot of stores that sold ammo, guns & such.

12. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    I've dealt with them a few times. They may be a little high but they are very knowledgeable in what they sell.

13. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Been shopping at Dunn's in Pevely for yrs..Good guys! No lie about the parking lot always full!