Is this a good catfishing boat?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cat catcher10, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Cat catcher10

Cat catcher10 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was lookin to buy a boat...........i saw this one on the internet(http://www.directboats.com/elpomipobo.html)... but i dont really know if it is that great for catfishing.I only fish with one other friend so i thought it might be an ok size...........if you know of any other boats that aren't to big or cost a ton i'd sure like to know

any help would be great

2. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    hey brother you could buy yourself a nice boat for what they want for that. just keep shopping. look in the boat and rv trader to. ebay is great to. my buddy just bought a nice boat for about 1800.00

3. KingCat

KingCat New Member

State:
    Olathe Kansas
    It says sunny days on the side but by the looks of it , I think it should say "calm sunny days only" if you were going to be lake fishing.
    It would be great just about anytime for a pond though.

4. Cat catcher10

Cat catcher10 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the help.......i'll keep looking....but what is a good boat for catfishing(what should i look for)

5. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sure, that would do great. Get what suits ya at the type of fishing you do.
    You can find cheaper being used.
    If I wasnt so tired tonight, I would try and find a link on BOC where others have talked about this style of boat. A mini toon.

O and welcome to BOC. You can find out a lot about fishing from this site.

6. liverboy

liverboy New Member

State:
    Tonopah, Arizona
    Yeah Jordan i am with Rob on this one i would check out other stuff, cause for that boat it looked a little pricey! :confused2:

7. primitive

primitive Member

State:
    Dav. Ia.
    You can buy 3 or 4 very good used boat, motor and trailer for that amount of money. I paid $900.00 for my semi vee 14 foot boat with trailer and 6 hp evinrude, trolling mo, oars anchers etc. Seats 3 adults and plenty good and safe. Probably wouldn't use it on any of the great lakes like Lake Michigan, but plenty adiquite for Iowa lakes and rivers. I catch as many cat as some of those fishermen in their 5 to 10 thousand dollar boats.

8. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

If I were you i would be looking for a jon boat, you could get a nice one with a trailer for less money than that. I would say 16 foot and as wide as you could find 48" would be a good start.

www.akmaccalum.com

I think is the web site here to get a good idea of a 1648 jon

www.akmccallumco.com/tiller.htm
    www.akmccallumco.com is the main page

9. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    i seen a couple of nice boats right here on this site for sale and i think they were cheaper than that just click on the link at the top of the page that says for sale and check them out

10. Cat catcher10

Cat catcher10 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the help everybody.......and you were right those jon boats on that website look like they would do great.

11. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Start looking in the paper. You should be able to pick up a nice 16ft jon boat for a lower price then that thing.

12. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

These are new boat prices you can find a used one, in good shape, for less. I have thought about a small pontoon also but I could not justify the cost of one that i could not use everywhere the way I could a jon boat.