is there such thing as homemade trout bait?

Discussion in 'Trout Fishing' started by Dogfish, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Dogfish

Dogfish Guest

i was just wondering

2. s_self88

s_self88 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    If you buy marshmallows and cover them with with garlic powder, that would be sort of homeade, not a commercial bait.

3. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    sure is, I've heard of some people that go to the local trout hatchery & buy some pellets that they sell to feed the trout, grind it up, and add it to a dough bait to use after they stock. I use garlic kernal corn from time to time. I wonder how that trout pellet dough bait would work for cats now that I think of it. The pellets are a bit oily & stinky. I think I just had an epiphiny. Now only if I knew how to make dough balls....

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i went trout fishing once and this old lady was using her homade recipe and it was a basic flour/cornmeal dough with canned salmon and anise i thought big deal till she pulled in an 18 inch rainbow

5. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    you can use whole kernel corn from the can and also add red food coloring or tie your own flies of course

6. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    I always use flies with fly rod, small spinning meps lures, or a size bb split shot with a 1/2 of live night crawler on #8 bait holding hook with long shank. Never anything homemade though.

Wheelmobile

7. shadcat

shadcat New Member

State:
    Marthasville Mo.
    Get a pack soft pack of brown-n-serve rolls and a stick of creame cheese.Tack 2 or 3 rolls and start adding the creame cheese until it gets mixed good. When you get it mixed right add garlic salt and mix it in. When i say mix i mean squeeze it in your hands.Then add food coloring to it and mix it in.When using food coloring use rubber gloves. My favorite colors is red -n-white and oranage-n-white.