is there shad

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Nov 1, 2007.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    out in the lhc area on the river

i know there is shad out at places like site 6 and i see some at misquete bay but are there shad out in the middle of the lake

where do the shad go during the day :tounge_out:

2. Kevin N

Kevin N New Member

State:
    Alabama
    during the day arn't all good shad in some kind of shool

3. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    It seems like during the day they tend to school up in deeper water. Sometimes still within throw net range. Try to find a narrow cove. I'm not sure if it happens on the river, but on the lake they run the shore line real tight at day break and can be a easy target. They make great Channel Cat bait. Just squish one really good with your fingers until thier guts are popping out, then hook it through the eyes making sure your hook point is exposed and toss it out. You can also put multiple shad on one hook this way. Just make sure the hook point stays exposed. I have also caught some real big carp this way. What is lhc? Lower half of the colorado? Have a good one.

4. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

LHC is lake havasu city and yes it think it is the lower part ????

i go after smaller channels like 3-10 lb range and maby a little more ( using 6lb test ) :smile2: i was thinking of going and catching some shad tonight and do a little live bait fishing for striper and have a pole for cut shad for channels *** people say theres channels by the buoys at site 6 but i dought it ***

thanks for the info chummer