Is there gonna be an OKC tackle show?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Douglas Foster, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Douglas Foster

Douglas Foster New Member

State:
    SW Oklahoma
    Has anyone heard if there is going to be an Oklahoma City tackle show. If so, what are the dates? Do you know of one anywhere? Thanks, Doug

2. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I seriously doubt there will be an OKC tackle Show next year. The only one I expext will be the Green Country Show in Claremore

3. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl

Do you know when that'll be?

4. foghorn

foghorn New Member

State:
    Wagoner Ok
    Its usually just after the boat sport and travel show here in january or febuary.

Foggy :cool2:

5. Cherokee Rod Man

Cherokee Rod Man New Member

State:
    Eufaula La
    They did themselves in, by overpricing the booths for smaller tackle shops and then here comes bass pro puts the rest out of buiss. so now who's left to come? BPS??? or maybe wal-mart.:crazy:

6. ronlyn239

ronlyn239 New Member

State:
    Bartlesvil
    Claremore show is usually about the 3rd weekend in February...

7. Southern Woman

Southern Woman New Member

State:
    Texas
    Leland, I think that is happening all over the country. WalMart? They are cutting back on sporting goods and ammo. So where do we go?

8. ronlyn239

ronlyn239 New Member

State:
    Bartlesvil
    Walmart fishing section is a joke now. I go there for swivels, split shot, small floats, etc, all else is ordered from Basspro or Cabelas

9. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl

Might check out Academy, they are a lot cheaper than BassPro. In lots of things, they are yet cheaper than walmart. I bought a 1/4 pound spool of line, same brand, same item at academy, and it was a dollar cheaper than walmart.

I love going and looking around at basspro, but I think they are too high.

I wish they would build a Cabela's here. I heard rumor once they was looking at one in Owasso, but, not on their site so I guess thats all it was, just a rumor.

10. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    There is a small store over in Broken Arrow, can't remember the name (over by Jimmy Houston Marine), but they always seem to have what I'm looking for, and are fair in their prices. They have a nice supply of parts for ABU's in stock, have a nice supply of guides for your rods. Live bait. Not a big store, but they have some pretty nice stuff.

I had them spool my daiwa 900h, and my penn 4/0, they was about the same price as anybody else. When thats the case, I usually try to support the little guys over the big boys.

Now I do like to go up to BassPro in Springfield once in a while. Amazing place to see and visit. I like their catalog showroom store. Ya can pick up some pretty fair deals on stuff thats been returned for what ever reason, or stuff thats been fixed and retured to stock.

11. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl

Ya happen to know if these folks have a web site? Maybe a email news letter or some type reminder when the show will be?

12. ronlyn239

ronlyn239 New Member

State:
    Bartlesvil
    http://www.gctackleshow.net/

That's the website for 2009. Probably the same for next year.

13. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    Thanks, thats exactly what I was looking for :) :big_smile:

14. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    That store in Broken Arrow is Okie Bug.

15. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    Yeah, thats it! Those folks always seem to have what I am looking for

16. Cherokee Rod Man

State:
    Eufaula La
    I'm happy to hear you guy's supporting Jack and his store, They do have what you need plus service parts & a good selection of crappie tackle as well. And yes we do like to travel to Springfield to ckeck out the catalog house, never know what you can find on discount there.:wink:

17. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl

Right across the street from Bass Pro in Springfield, there is a small bbq place (not the rib crib) that is out of this world... Almost worth the trip in itself. For me, a day at the catalog house and the main store, and the bbq place, just hard to beat a day like that.

18. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl

I walked in there one day, and was having to have my Daiwa 900h spooled.. and I asked the guy (not Jack) if he had good supply of 10lb test. He said yes.. I told him let me run out to my truck an get the reel I need it on.... I came in and set down at shimano tiagra 130 and that guys eyes about popped outta his head. That reel takes 1000 yards of 130. I got a big laugh outta that one.

19. Cherokee Rod Man

State:
    Eufaula La
    Good one Steve; I used to pull things like that, customers used to leave sacks of merchandise, when they came back in to pick it up I'd have a bag full of junk to give e'm....the look on their face when they opened it Priceless! But I always had their name marked on the original purchase.:smile2:

20. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    Do you make any unlimited rods for reels like that 130? Stand up ( I only do land based fishing).. I do know guys thats always lookin for rods for Penn 12/0 and 14/0's