is there flathead catfish below squaro lake in the salt

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by terrylewis, Aug 28, 2009.

1. terrylewis

terrylewis New Member

State:
    Litchfield Park
    has anyone caught any flats below suquaro in the salt i know of a couple of real nice holes below the dam but have only caught big chanels out of it but never tried for flats

2. JNHoffman57

JNHoffman57 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Good question, I'd like to know too... How big of channels have you got out of there? I've only trout fished in there, would like to go out sometime to try for some cats though!

3. suey

suey New Member

State:
    arizona
    theres bound to be some, not sure worth targeting though... there is some nice ones in apache, a few decent ones in canyon, and ive heard of a few 15 lbers from saguaro

4. cat-tracker

cat-tracker New Member

State:
    arizona
    Check out earlier post, about 2months or more, some of the BOC members has gotten some flatheads down there. There are some big ones down river from the dam. You have to hike back into certain areas to get to them.

5. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Yep there are plenty of big flats on the Lower Salt River, just either be above the tubers, or below the tubers.

6. terrylewis

terrylewis New Member

State:
    Litchfield Park
    the biggest channel cat i ve caught from below the dam was around 15lbs we went down there today but the water is up about 4ft so you cant even get to the real deep holes there right up next to the dam and over by the over flow ive caught bass in there up to 7lbs but if there are flats in there ima bet there monsters cause not to many people go past the sign that says no trespassing all violators will be federaly prosecuted,i just assumed that sign was for everyone else,since how can they write i sign for me if they never even met me