Is there anything worse than moving??

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by KansasKatter, Nov 10, 2006.

1. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Man, we have just spent the last 6 days/evenings after work moving. Closed on our house last night, and got the last load this afternoon.

You never know just how much CRAP you have until it is time to move!! You also find out just who your friends are when it is time to move! :wink:

We are done though, less a little unpacking, got a nice $31,000 check. Now I REALLY have to go to work building our new house and finishing before the fishing heats up again in the spring!:tounge_out:

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    as a matter of fact NO in my life thanks to a job in the fiber optic installation i have moved from one job to another approx. every four to nine months and even in a travel trailer let me tell ya IT DEFINITELY SUCKS thats one reason i quit my job a month ago after 16 YEARS!!!! besides that i wasnt getting any pay raises since 01 and with fuel prices what they are i honestly couldent afford my job any more but man i know where your coming from

3. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    At least you're not moving away from your best fishing spots.

4. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    After a lot of thought........... no there ain't thats why I said the next time we put the wheels back on and do it that way LOL

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Is there anything worse than moving??

There is only one thing I can think of that is worse than moving!!!

Moving someone else, LMAO!!!

6. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Jeff, I know what you mean brother. I just finished moving myself. It is a pain in the Butty. We packed in three days and moved in one day. I took a vacation day to get it all done. Thank GOD for v-days.

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I have to agree, lol

8. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Jeff I know how you feel about moving cause it's never easy.I had to sell my place after I got disabled.You know how you collect useless things you don't need and don't use but can't bare to part with? well most of mine is gone and the bad thing for me was I couldn't do it myself so someone else had to pack up all my stuff that I did keep and after 3 years I still don't know where it all is.The only good thing I was able to clear a heavy debt load and and pay cash for my new house and land and I ain't moving again.

9. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Moving is definately a BUMMER:angry: :angry:

But Good Luck With Your New House:smile2:

10. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV

So true. I moved so many times in the military and with other jobs. Am already dreading the next one, cause I know it's not over yet.

11. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    If I had to move again, think I'd rent one of those storage units and put most of the stuff in there. Then, after a few months of livin without all the extras, we could just have a big yard sale right there on the spot and call it good :cool2:

Less is best!

Glad the hard part is over for ya, Jeff. Best wishes to you and your family in your new home!

12. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Who ever owns a pick up is in the moving biz. LOL I own a pick up and a 20' enclosed trailer. I have moved and helped move more people than you can believe and I hate it! But ya got to help your friends out! I have found the hardest word for me to say is NO. Thank god my friends and I are of the age we have settled down and quit roaming from place to place. I just wish my 20 year old daughter would land somewhere. LOL
    Bill