Is there ANYTHING that could keep you from fishing...

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by KansasKatter, Feb 26, 2007.

1. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    OK, besides family matters, or stuff like that, is there ANYTHING you would rather be doing than fishing? Hobby type stuff, not "spending time with kids, or grand kids", or anything like that, we already know that kind of stuff comes first.

I am talking, if you had one day, and you could do ANYTHING you wanted to do, that you are normally capable of doing, would you do anything besides fish??

Me - No Way!! I am fishing baby!!:cool2:

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Spreading some epoxy and laying some glass.

Remember Harry Hyde in Days of Thunder in the barn talking to the race car?
    Thats me building a boat.:big_smile:

3. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    jeff i pondered this question for all of ...........a second :lol: nothing takes the place of fishing

4. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Oct 1st when Bow season starts...it pulls me away from fishing for 3 1/2 months. I get some fishing in but not much, I get the fever.

5. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    I think getting the boat or tackle ready would be the only other thing that I would rather do instead of fishing.

6. bilyjojimbob

bilyjojimbob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Something better than fishing? Come on is this a joke?:lol:

7. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    Hunting morels during our precious couple of weeks of morel hunting here in Ohio. Other than that, not even my 15 year fascination with storm chasing/spotting will keep me away from a local pond, stream, lake or river.

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Weell you just have to know yeah If I happen to have a pile of spent brass I will be reloading but only on the odd occasion

9. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    The only thing that keeps me off the water that isnt family for bad weather is hunting season. the rods get stowed in deer season and Im in the woods at any chance I get.

10. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Uhhhhhh... Let me think about this one........ Nooooooooooooo.. Once it hits 50 degrees, the wife knows where I'm going to be on the weekends..

11. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    The only thing that comes close is Snow Skiing. I love it alot and i'd probably pick skiing out west on an epic powder day over the best day of fishing.

12. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The only thing I can think of is COLD weather. I've fished in nickel sized hail, and a twister or two nearby. That didn't stop me. The only thing that gets in my way is work. Right now it's 10 hours a day 7 days a week. Hoping that's gonna change real soon as I have the itch to fish real bad!

13. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Gone Fishing-------------Nuff Said.:0a23:

14. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Nope, can't think of one thing except maybe a hiking trip but even then I have a T.L.Johnson 3-piece fly-rod, that attaches directly to my ruksac so I've got my bases covered so to speak! lol

15. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    Always fishing! Last Sat. I completey threw my knee out, I got a net full of shad and relized bait bucket was still in truck and had to run up hill in the dark and hit a hole, So yesterday we just had to fish where I ncould drive close to the river.

16. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    ..........................NO!............................

17. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    A ZZTOP concert! LOL!

18. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    DEATH:eek:oooh: But in that event ,and just in case, I am being buried with two fishing outfits,a Mitchell 300 and a 308.WHISTLER has agreed to send my son a spare bail spring to put in the coffin with me.Might try to take a Take Down flyrod also just in case Heaven is full of Purist Dry Fly Fisherman.OK I hear all of you,I'll throw in a baitcaster in case I go to Hell with all the other Bass fisherman.:lol: :eek:oooh: :roll_eyes: :smile2: :tounge_out: :cool2: :wink:

19. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Gobble, gobble.:cool2:

20. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    Let's just say that I have other hobbies, also :wink:.

-- Rich