Is there any fish in cross lake

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catdaddyj, Sep 11, 2006.

1. catdaddyj

catdaddyj New Member

State:
    louisiana
    my son wants to fish cross lake just cause he sees it from the bridge.
    i told him i'd take him fishing in cross. i never had any luck in cross.
    anyone have any tips on any kind of fish in cross lake?

2. wareagle

wareagle New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I don't fish it but I know alot of people that have caught a lot of good cats out of there. Most people I talk to just drift fish.
    I do know you have to buy a sticker for your boat from the cross lake patrol.

3. CrawDaddy

CrawDaddy New Member

State:
    Texas
    Drift fishing is definately the way to go!!

4. catdaddyj

catdaddyj New Member

State:
    louisiana
    i was told tere is a deep channel on the west end of cross. is it true cause i have never found anything deep in cross lake but what is deep for cross.anyway i wonder if lake patrol would mind if i ran my noodles in cross lake? lol

5. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    I've fished cross alot in the past, and I've never seen anything deeper that 7-9 feet in the West end and that is by the ramp out there (bayou) As fer the noodles They probably will mind..... I don't fish there anymore cause they raised the lake fee to 20.oo$$$$$ To rich fer me with the river so close...

6. catdaddyj

catdaddyj New Member

State:
    louisiana
    i wont run noodles but i was told to tight line with live gold fish.
    i know i can catch fish on knight crawlers. thanks for the tips

7. MikeYoungs

MikeYoungs New Member

State:
    La.
    I've never caught anything but small catfish on cross lake. I have a neighbor that goes there all the time, because it's so close to home, but he only catches small ones too.

8. catdaddyj

catdaddyj New Member

State:
    louisiana
    we went to cross last sat. that lake is a shame, we only caught one small cat and one small stipper. what makes it worse than that my five year old son caught both fish, my son skunked me. lol it will be a long time before i see yhat lake agine. i will stick to the river

9. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Location, Location, Location....... Cross has some great kitties in it, I've always used shad fer bait and done real well driftin or just tight lining on the bottom the key is the wind...... Don't give up on a lake cause of a bad day on the water..... Give up cause of the cost of the sticker..... By the way Cross gave up a record (world) channel cat a few years ago.... sumthing ta think about....

10. MikeYoungs

MikeYoungs New Member

State:
    La.
    Well the main thing is that your son caught fish! And I know he was proud to have skunked his old man.LMAO. I'll bet your proud he did too!

11. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    I have done real good on white perch out of Cross, and I know several people that on fish for white perch on cross, they will not fish any where else, and they catch same HUGE ones out of there.

12. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    One other thing, I have never done any good on the East side of the 220 bridge.

13. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    East side of Cross Lake 220 bridge=Great Ba$$, and kittykat fishin.....Just gotta know where......

14. catdaddy64

catdaddy64 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I have fished there are few times and have done pretty good.

15. CrawDaddy

CrawDaddy New Member

State:
    Texas
    CatDaddy, what happened to the old name? You lose the password again??

How you doing man??

16. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    After fishin there saturday, I'd have to say there aint no fish in Cross lake.lol

17. jsharris

jsharris New Member

State:
    Texas
    hey David any kin to the famous Don Knotts? lol

18. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    Man if I had a dollar for every time I've been asked that, I'd be one more ricn REDNECK.lol Yep we are kin. Never met him, wish that I had.