Is there a tougher fish?

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by BIG GEORGE, Dec 28, 2007.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Ya gotta check these pics out. Ya gotta wonder what happened to this fish. The injury looks like it has hampered the blood flow to the back third of the fish. Hit like a train and fought like Joe Frazier. They are bad!!!! LOL! Enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. tomflatcat

tomflatcat New Member

State:
    Hampstead, NC
    Wow, looks like someone cut it or something. That's a tough fish.

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Dang BG, Thats something you won't see everyday:eek:oooh:. Those suckers are tough as nails, it's amazing that fish lived:crazy:.

Just seen you went over the 1,000,000 mark on rep points, CONGRATULATIONS THATS A GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT:worship::worship::worship::worship::cool2:.

4. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    You really got to admire the bluecat. They just don't give up. They are the toughest fish swimming. Thanks for the pics.

5. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Impressive. Gotta love bluecats. Looks like a prop got him or somethin.

6. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    That's the result of a plastic six pack ring I'd bet! Cool looking picture.

7. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    It looked like it was hung up in a net for awhile.
    Thanks for the Pics.

8. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    That there was my pet catfish "Stumpy". I caught him (my PB) late in 1999. The two of us were celebrating the millenium when all hades broke out. He swore by PBR and I kept telling him that was for rednecks. I can attest to the fight they have in em. He was waggin and floppin so that I thought my life might truly be in danger. I had to take the filet knife out to keep him at bay. He slung that tail around at me tryin' to pop one off on the side of my head when out of sheer reaction I pulled the knife up. I felt just terrible and apologised. I had an old indian medicene man smoke some herbs over him and then I rubbed some mineral ice on him and kissed him bye bye...being the cpr kinda person I am. He gave me a final salute with his middle whisker as he went down. :smile2:

I always wondered what happened to him......

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

I'm down with the smokein Herbs,rub down and kissy. LOL! Will you adopt me? LOL!

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya i would say an old fishing injury. wrapped in line or net. looks like a tree would if it had wire wrapped around it as it grew.????

11. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Laura...
    You should be a writer...great story!!!

12. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Laura, you sure you wasn't just visiting the medicine man's herbs and dreamed all that?:tounge_out:

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Those are some crazy pics,George,looks like he has a story or three to tell. Thanks for the pics and post.congrats on it.

14. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Them are some wild pictures. looks like it wrapped it self in someones line and got broke off. Should have took him to bass pro shops lol:big_smile:

15. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    GAWD GEORGE! Don't need a 'visual' here. I'm fighting it, man I feel nauseous! Where's my Rolaids?????:crazy:

Still can't quite get the BPOTM pic squashed that you posted a while back. I ain't 'funny' either so this is not an enjoyable thing!:0a30:

16. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks BG for the fish pics. I believe that fish is like us some times beat, cut and knocked down,but still able to put up a good fight.:big_smile:

17. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i too think it was a result of line being wrapped around the fish as it grew. you can post that pic in the strangest fish caught thread BG.

18. CatAngler

CatAngler New Member

State:
    Omaha NE
    Simply amazing!!!! It does look like a prop wound to me also.

J

19. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Normaley I would have something to say but this is one time beats me?I caught a 6-8 lber last year that had no tail fins,looke like they was wacked off but that baby fought....realy amazes me how realziliant they are

20. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'd say it was in a net for a while or I have heard that the commercial fishermen are trying to get back at the state for some new laws and have been cutting anything big, that they legally can't keep and throwing them back.