is there a safe place

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by russ, Jul 2, 2009.

1. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    is there a safe place to park downtown in stl. i want to come up for the nite tourney the 11th but I'm concerned about my truck and trailer. Ive seen the post on here and it sounds like its very risky to park anywhere up there at nite time

2. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Russ it's one of those deals that you may never get your stuff messed with or they might mess with it the first time your there. I know alot of people that never had any problems at all. My advice if you do it is not to have any valuables in your truck for them to steal. They is some wierd chit that goes on at the cobbles after dark. If you don't feel safe down there you could put in at Alton damm and lock thru the canal which would put you right at St. Louis.

3. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    how far is it by water from the dam to downtown

4. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    I'm just guessing about 15-20 miles give or take. You could also put in at the meramac river and go up stream to down town not sure how far it is but I'm guessing 10 miles.

5. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Russ,

By water these are the approximate distances toi the cobbles

CB:17mi--upriver from cobble stones (must either lock through or cross chain of rocks depending on WL)

Alton: 19mi--upriver from cobble stones (must either lock through or cross chain of rocks depending on WL)

Flamm City (Meramec): 21mi--downriver from cobble stones

Me personally, I would launch at Flamm City--no locks and you can float most of the way home if necessary (assuming your gas gague is like someone else's :smile2:....not that I would mention names...:cool2:)

6. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Russ the safeist place i know to park is the emergency ramp/parking lot just south of the cobble stone under the R&R brigde. The parking is going to be tight but i've never had a problem. There really no guarantees anywhere day or night just for example I just had my truck broke into yesterday during the day at Columbia Bottoms. There must have been a string of break-ins because i had a note from a PO asking me to call him if i had been broke into. Crossing my fingers we have never had any problems during a night tournament. The best advice i can give you is to take all valuables out of your truck and leave the doors unlocked.

7. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I have a older jeep and that is what I have been doing,leaving my doors unlocked and sometimes the windows down. If anyone broke into it I could not tell:big_smile: