IS THERE A GREAT WAY TO COOK TROUT

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by SHOWME, Jan 16, 2009.

1. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    I'm a good cook, I do all the cooking at my home, when I can't get my boat in the water my wife and I go bank fishing for trout just for a fishing fix:embarassed:
    My inlaws like Trout so it works out:eek:oooh: Now someone would like for me to prepare some for us and I HAVENOT found a good way. We are fish eaters, we love our fish of all types and I really haven't found anyway that they weren't mushy and really tasteless:crazy:
    I know someone knows a way PLEASE HELP ME
    THANKS

2. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Well, we usually just gut the trout and stuff with butter and garlic. Wrap them in foil and cook in bbq or oven. Tastes pretty good that way.

3. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Bob where are catching these trout!! Fill me in and I'll cook'em for you.:wink:

I usually gut mine, season with butter and garlic. I also put lemon slices and bacon in the middle, wrap with foil and cook in the oven or bar-b-que grill. Good luck.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I am not overly fond of eating trout,But hey ,Fish is fish. The way I like to cook em.
    BROILED TROUT

6-8 trout8-11" long,Gutted,head on
    1/4 C melted margerine
    1/4 C real lemon juice
    1/4 t worstershire
    salt /pepper to taste

Season trout inside and out with S&P. Place foil over a large cookie sheet,Then arange trout in alternating head to tail row side by side{isnt necessary,But it seems to cook more evenly]. Place in oven broiler for approx 5 minuets,Check after 3 minuets,if flakey remove turn trout over and broil other side for a few minuets till flaky.

GRILL SMOKED TROUT

Seasoning to taste
    as many trout as needed 4-8
    Charcoal grill /Wth charcoal
    foil
    lemon juice
    garlic powder
    onion slices
    salt &pepper
    Smoking wood or chips of choice

On heated grill place wet wood chips till smoking well,Then season trout with salt and pepper, place a few slices of onion inside trout. along with garlic powder to taste. Place trout in a foil "pan " on the grill,drizzle a bit of lemon juice over fish. Smoke for 3-7 min. testing for doneness,. Turn over and cook till done.

5. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    use either 2 of Richards then saute it in butter to your likeing until golden brown . the other ways are fine as well , everybody has there own ,

6. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I came into a bunch of trout one year. I caught some, and my sister gave me some. I cooked it this way, that way...every which a way. Smoked, baked, fried. All different recipies. I guess I just don't care much for it because it didn't impress me. I like salmon, and tuna. Figured I'd like trout too, but not really. Maybe you just don't care for it either?

7. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    Lake Taneycomo is 40 miles south of my house, we go to Forsyth's park and bank fish just like catfishing using powerbait eggs and enjoy the day on the water except without my boat but its a fishing fix, 9 times out of 10 we will get out limit of 4 fish each and I'm one more day closer to getting out with our boat and finding those catties:tounge_out:

8. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    Matt you are correct but it's my wife that wants to try them again NOT ME:eek:oooh:
    she is always that way when I'm givin fish away just wants to make sure she dosen't want em:smile2:

9. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I love fish but don't care for trout. Only one's i ever enjoyed was while elk huntin in Colorado. We went a week early and had eat most everything but taters and beenie weenies.:confused2: Anyway a man had a snoopy pole and caught a bunch of little brook trout by camp and fryed them whole. They were actually good but we was awful hungry for meat too.
    If anyones interested you can catch lots of trout below Beaver dam which is actually white river before it makes up Tableerock lake. Walleye are starting, i caught 3 yesterday bassfishin Tablerock. I ain't messin with trout when i can eat walleye.

10. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    Pan fried with alittle flower in a Iron Skillet on an open fire. Throw in some Potatos and onions until done eat with a fork or your fingers . Don't forget a cold Brew to top it off

11. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    John, do you ever fish below Forsyth power dam, the beginning of Bullshoals. I've heard that the wallys are starting there too

12. LureheadEd

LureheadEd New Member

State:
    Geogia
    On a cool smoker 185-200, use Richard's recipe, but add white pepper and a dash of crushed cayenne pepper and more lemon... Smoke 'em slowly ( a good hour on lil 'uns , more for big 'uns...) till they're golden brown or darker, make sure they've dried a bit (NOT TOO MUCH ) and they'll lock your jaws !!!!

Then when you're through and still have some left, put 'em in the fridge in a ziplock and pull one out for a snack...

Or take the ones that are left and peel the meat out no skin and make a smoked fish dip to put on crackers....I like my dip to be made with a bit of sour cream and a fair amount of Cracker Boy Lemon Pepper seasoning, I usually add a bit of garlic powder...But you can make fish dip just about any way you like it, one of my buds uses buttermilk and Hidden Valley Ranch packets and his is wonderful also...Another uses Blue Cheese salad dressing, it's really easy to make your own the way you like it...

13. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I do mine in Alum foil with garlic, butter ,Onions, peppers ( i like the red, yellow and orange peppers they are sweeter). then close the tops of the foil and either grill or Oven.. I prefer the grill!! does not take long to do them if the grill or oven is hot.