Is there a full moon out there?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mac-b, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    What the heck in going on out there in this cyber world that we live in here on the BOC. Somebody is mad at somebody on a dailey basis.

On one thread it is the appearance of the paylake, another it is all about CAPS, another it is about keeping a trophy cat, CPR, jugging, trotlines, etc.

I think debating an issue is good for all of us, but to slam someone or a group because you don't like their methods of fishing or where they fished or their writing style or spelling, does more harm than good. If you want to debate an issue, go at it, but if you have other intentions, why not just move on and let it be or send a PM to the party that you have a problem with.

In fishing and on the BOC, I try to pratice what I call my three E's, that is to Educate, Entertain and Enjoy the fish that you catch or the people you converse with on the BOC. Try it, you might like it and I believe the BOC and it's membership would be a better place.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Well said Mac! Some things, actually a lot of things would be so much better sent in a PM rather than a post or thread. If I have a problem with someone I won't bring it out on the open board. I'd rather send them a PM and work it out that way or simply use the ignore button, which I haven't used in probably a year and a half or so. I may agree or disagree or have a civil debate but nothing more than that on the open board.

I really don't know whats wrong. Its causing too much division rather than the "BrotherHood" that it should be.:wink:

Tried to Rep you Mac but it says I'm out of juice. I'll get you back when I can. Thanks again for the great post!

3. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Well it is the place for opinion and as long as people are civil I really don't care what we discuss. Some folks grow them internet muscles though LOL, as I call it. (That is not directed, it's just a statement of fact) I do also think pm's are very useful for hashing things out.

I always try not to say anything on the net in print that I wouldn't say to their face--Printed type doesn't scroll away. I am the same on the net as I am in person. I think just being cognizant that there is a human being with feelings behind that nic is enough for me to be "nice" until I can't be nice anymore.

I often wonder if some of the people that post or play games on line where there is chat are the same way in public...I don' lose my morals and morees just because I'm on the net and don't expect for others too either. But anytime you are in a crowd there are many personalities and it's the same online :big_smile:

4. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Oh, don't pay any attention to Mac, he's just stirring up trouble again. LOL Sorry, it was so easy I couldn't resist.

I think he is right though, it's a moon thing. Unusual this time though, we're in a new moon, not the full moon that seems to always get the credit for my ............never mind.:eek:oooh:

Cher, you could be onto something there. It's possible, not likely, but possible, I just might be the jerk in real life as I am on here.:wink:

5. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Its just typical bickering that occurs on every forum as it grows.I have witnessed a complete split of 1 online gaming community I belong to that forever ruined it.

Also watched the ruination of a awesome Squirrel Hunting forum because of a disagreement over a bloodline,resulting in the community splitting in 2.

Just like in real life guys/girls we need to get along and keep the peace with ourselves,or else we may end up losing a place we all value.

YES it can even happen to the BOC so members need to try to help out and not let disagreements create a divide.I would hate to see this place go down like the 3rd largest online gaming community did.Lost alot of online friends to that one.

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I see 10, count em ten words posted in caps in the above posts. Would you please stop! I can't take it any more!!!!!!! LOL!:eek:oooh:

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Stop it George!!!!!! You're making me laugh and its killing me. First the farting post and now this,,,,,:roll_eyes::tounge_out::wink::smile2::smile2::smile2:

8. 01richard

01richard New Member

State:
    kansas wichita
    i agree mac i thought this site was for bro and sis to talk fishing and have a group of friends that they could count on in times of needs or to just share the good times with but it looks like in turning into a put down forum.

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Better come on back to ramblins now Mac. Don't want ya loosin yer temper :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

10. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Mac, it's the Meds. WalMart does not have a lot of the mind altering drugs on the 4 dollar menu. People have stopped taking their Meds because of fuel prices.

Do you want to be normal, OR, drive to town??? Those town folks ain't right anyway, so no one notices it there. LOL

:smile2::tounge_out::smile2:

11. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Need I say more?:wink:

12. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I think somebody put something in my iced tea!!!!

13. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    it was me zebo, I am like a bad penny or one of them folks not taking their meds so I can drive around-- I may just turn up anywhere!...would ya'll like to know what days I hit the streets so you can be sure and stay home, LOL, I ainnnnnn't telling, so take your chances!

14. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Mr Mac, Sir. I am in total agreement. Full moons do seem to bring the werewolves out on here. I think it would be an excellent BOC Corporation money maker to require all members purchase an official BOC Moon Phase Calendar. During full moon phases the forum is shut down to eliminate all the anti-brother stuff. Ascending and descending moons we can cut hogs, cut brush, dig horseradish, set eggs under chickens, determine the best time to go fishing and make posts.

Think of the love that will transpire. I don't know what they would do with Blue Moons though.

15. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Here's what I did with one of 'em. :wink:

Blue moon.....you saw me standing alone
    Without a fish in my avatar.....you knew I needed to come far

Blue moon.....you heard me saying a prayer for
    Techniques, the whys and the wherefores.....friendly advice to be shared more

And then suddenly appeared before me.....the sisters and the brothers of this site
    I heard somebody say everyone's welcome....it's funny how some seem to want a fight

Blue moon.....since we're no longer alone
    Help keep the dream of this place please.....and act like people who're grown
    And act like people who're grown