Is the Riverview Park in Miami still snaggable?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Seth, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Is the water low enough that a person can snag at Miami, OK? A few of us have been wanting to go down there and try it and with everything here in MO pretty much unfishable due to all of the rain, we thought about going this week.

2. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    I know last weekend the banks were loaded with people snagging for spoonbill. But I would doubt that you could get there now with all the rain we had earlier this week the lake is almost as high as it was last july when we had the flood. Maybe once the water recedes some more you could get back down there.

3. KSFish

KSFish New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Went down yesterday afternoon from Kansas. River was still too high to get into the park on the south side. But, I did see a few spoons being pulled in. Give it a day or two. Should be good again.

4. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Do you think it will be OK by Monday?

5. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    Was talking with a few of the guys at work about the riverview park. They said that as of sat. the river was still up to the swimming pool at the park. the river was dropping though. I am thinking that by this afternoon or by midweek at the latest it should be back down to normal.

6. KSFish

KSFish New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Okiecop,

Thanks for the info. Helps me out to know before I load up and drive down an hour a way. My son is always excited to go, but hates when we get there and the river is too high! :wink:

7. swmo guy

swmo guy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Anyone know how the water level is on down towards the connor bridge? It was all under water last week and I didn't want to waste another trip if it is still flooded there...