Is the river frozen?

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by TN Greg, Jan 9, 2009.

1. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Does anyone happen to know if the missouri at CB or sippy at the cobbles is free of ice?

I'm thinking of braving the elements once again this weekend. I didn't catch squat sitting on the couch last Sunday.

2. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    I think its free of ice...Greg seriously it's like 30 outside.....you gotta find a wintering activity that doesnt involve fishing..hahaha

3. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    I just checked CB and the missouri looks fine. I did see a few other trailers out there, so I'm not the only one with cabin fever.

When team nutroll (minus nessie) extracts that 130lb monster from the frigid river, it will all be worth it. :wink:

4. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    Well, good luck!!!!!

5. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I put in at St. Charles today. River was clear of ice. there was a small amount of small driftwood. Caught 1 blue about 6 lbs. Bait was relatively easy to get. A really nice day to be on the river.

6. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Bob, I'm thinking of fishing the missouri. Any tips on gathering bait would be mucho appreciated..

7. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I went to a small creek above St. Charles. I did notice some small fish of unknown species workin the surface in the calm water inside the trail dykes. I would suggest calm water of varing depths. Hard to say what depth they will be holding in with the temps dropping again.

8. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I got shad at cb last year in the area in front of the fishing platform right below the ramp. If that fails the creek across the Missisippi from the Missouri holds shad. If that fails go up to the power plant and throw around the area where the water is running out of the pipe. I also got shad below the dam on the Illinois bank all the way up as far as you can go. and if there is water at the ramp at Maple Island that is a good place for bait also

9. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois

Randy and I put in at CB today, the ramp is clear, little ice on the river not bad a couple of bites but 0 fish, like Bob said it was a good day to be on the river.

10. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I went today on the Missouri ,ramp had a thin skim of ice at the waters edge. Was gone when we took out. Fished from 9;00 Am, till 4:30 pm. Fish were biting from 10:30 to 1:00 . we cought a 5,6,8,12, 121/2 all blues and threw back 1 small blue and 2 small channels. and a 14 lb. Sturgen. Re- Froze Skip Jack was the only bait we had.

11. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Yep, bite was slow but a great day for sure..... Thank Jason, Hey, ya want me to email you what the book says about the flashing numbers, LMAO!!!!!!!