Is the river fishable??

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by TN Greg, Nov 2, 2009.

1. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    It's been so long since I've fished, I can't remember how high is too high.

I suspect downtown is out of the question, but what about cb? It's a pretty day to play hooky.

2. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    CB would be fine. I dont know if there is any trash coming down but it is falling and should be fishable. I havent been in so long I cant tell you what is going on.

3. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    south of st.louis is still high. Not sure what is to high to fish from a boat but on the bank you can't even get close.

4. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    I went across the 270 bridge yesturday and the Sippi is full of trash.. I would guess most of it came from the Mo. river... You should still be Ok, just fish in day light hrs so you can see the trash out there.... Good Luck let us have a report when ya get back... I was thinking of playing hookie later this week... High 50s low 60s all week:big_smile::wink:

5. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    You Can Bank fish off of Riverview south of 270... The water is right at the top of the hill... (dont slip and fall... Its bout a 20-35ft drop at normal pool) Nice fish have been taken from there earlier this yr

6. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Thanks for the replies fellas. I may have to give it a go tomorrow. Not sure just yet.

7. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Sad to say, I can't even get to the ramp at Foley. Flood at the locks is 26ft and it's at 29.38 right now, which puts the road to the ramp and the ramp underwater. I'll bet there are some real unhappy duck hunters right now.:sad2: