Is the NFC that competitive or do they just suck?

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by MattShannon, Dec 18, 2006.

1. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    There is a chance that an 8-8 team or even a 7-9 team pulls a wild card. A loosing record team making it to the playoffs, come on, what's up with that? You'll have to be at least 9-7, if that, in the AFC to make it. Either the NFC is super competitive or they just suck compared to the AFC. What do ya think?

2. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Wierd season. The AFC has established front-runners, whereas the NFC with the exception of a couple of teams, has a whole bunch of teams bunched up in the middle hopin' to slide in the Wild card spot.
    Not sure what to think other than LT is the MAN! Been a real treat to watch him evolve into the football player he is today.

3. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    IMO, AFC is the strongest and not really surprised. This tends to run in cycles mostly because they do not draft as conferences but as a league. Looking at superbowl winners over the past 20 or so years, NFC was the big boy on the block. Besides salary caps, free agency, and revenue sharing, I think the draft helps to make this a cycle. A down conference will tend to get more top 20 picks over a period of years. From 87 - 97, I don't think the NFC lost a superbowl. Since you have had the AFC pretty much own it. My guess, over the next few years, you'll start to see this swing back again.

4. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    LOL!!!! That's some funny stuff! True, but funny! The NFC is horrible, besides the Bears and maybe the Saints.?? I'm still not sold on Grossman or the Saints defense yet.:confused2: I mean come on now, the Bears gave up a 28 point lead to the horrible Bucs yesterday.? What happened to the D? I like the Bears but to be the best team in your conference you have to be atleast consistent.

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    The league wanted parody. Well you got it in the NFC. No loyalty any more.

6. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    they just suck...colts would make a great nfc team this year:lol:

7. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    what was i thinking when i said this year?:roll_eyes:
    the colts always suck:lol: :lol: :lol:

8. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    HA HA HA HA. That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while. Wondering how Ryan will come back to that.

9. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    No Football Competition,NFC!!!!!:big_smile: :lol: :smile2: I do like the Saints though.:eek:oooh: :smile2: :tounge_out:

10. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    We all know that the superbowl winner will be from the AFC this year. Chicago in the NFC is winning but the wins are not convincing to me. I do not think they can hang with the best of the AFC.

11. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I agree with Brian to a point. The Bears have to really step up here to get to and win the super bowl. I think they can do it.
    Bill

12. bigcatch87

bigcatch87 New Member

State:
    louisianna
    Your a wise man.

13. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    AFC has the best teams! No team in the NFC going to win the Superbowl!:eek:oooh:

14. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    If the Colts were in the NFC they would be the best team Phil. Hey, don't the Patriots have a worse record than the Colts? Maybe they should be in the NFC.LOL It's a fact that the AFC is the dominant division and whoever makes it to the Super Bowl from the AFC will most likely win, I mean look at last year for instance, Ben Roethisburger had a 41.2 passer rating and they still won? Sorry Boiler, I had to throw that in there.:tounge_out: Honestly though, the AFC has won seven out of the past nine Super Bowls. If the Colts play like they did on Monday night, they'll win it this year. I think all the talk all week pissed off the defense because man they looked good. They tore apart the Bengals, did anyone see Chad Johnsons face? Priceless!

15. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    The Broncos have been to the super bowl several times and choked in every game.... this will continue, LOL!!!

16. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    The Broncos may have choked in the big game a few times but they did win it twice!!!

17. riverwiskers

riverwiskers New Member

State:
    kelly nc
    The NFC just plain sucks. I am a die-hard Redskin fan and we all know they suck, The Bears win but are not a dominant team in my book. Just when you think there is a merging dominent team they get spanked. The Cowboys looked great for a few games then were spanked by the Saints who at the time looked like the dominant team in the NFC Then the Saints were spanked by the Skins, a team we have already concluded that sucked. So they must all suck. JMO

Dale

18. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

i agree, Ryan, but there is a big question in mind mind about the bengals. the bengals played awful...or did the colts made them look awful...

we'll see in a few short weeks:big_smile: