Is the cured liver in the library good bait?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by upncomincatfishking, Oct 5, 2006.

1. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    i was just wanderin if anyone has tried the cured chicken liver in the library, it sounds like it would be good bait.and if so is ther any way to make it attract fish better.well any comments or help i can get will be useful.

2. eggman

eggman New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Missouri
    Hey king! It ain't bad with ketchup and some fried taters.....

seriously though, some love it but I think fresh virgin liver is the way to go. The cured stuff is for those who can't keep the real stuff on their hook like Tea bag and Whistler...lol

egg

3. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    It works good for me. It does stay on the hook better allowing you to cast farther/harder. I like cutbait better but it is worth making and trying out for yourself.

4. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I tried it one time, it was ok. Nothing as impressive for me as I hoped it would be. But I did catch fish on it. Personally I thing I would have caught just as many on regular liver.

5. LadyValea1

LadyValea1 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I've used fresh liver and I look like I just finished making a horror film:smile2: I have a problem wiping the chicken blood on my shorts, face, arms, legs when I bait up!!!
    So I tried the cured liver with the garlic salt and what a big difference! no messy shorts and I'm not scaring people ...but I do smell like Italian food and I can cast far without the liver flying off! Other people on the dock wonder how the liver stays on, because I use the same Tyson Chicken liver tub to store the cured liver in. They always ask what I did to the liver, cuz I'm catchin the cats.while they are losing bait...The Channel cats love my Chicken:smile2:

6. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    i always take a tub of plain livers and a tub of garlic livers.all depends on what they are biting on that night

7. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    The cured livers with salt and garlic powder work well at the local lakes I fish. I normally fish with perch live and cut. But I keep a bag of cured livers in my tackle box in a ziplock bag and I always catch fish. I've never caught one bigger than 4-5lbs on it but some on here have caught some bigguns on it. Try it and see if it works in your area, I'm sure it will.

Good luck.....

8. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    I like it because it's so much tougher than fresh , and it seems to catch fish about as well .