Is the channel catfish bite on in your area?

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by JoeDaCatKing, Sep 29, 2009.

1. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    In Lancaster PA the channel bite seems to be picking up every day. How are you doing in your areas?

2. PaJay-p

PaJay-p Guest

Hopefully I'm going to find out here Thursday. The water levels everywhere are real low and clear.

3. 7mmmag1

7mmmag1 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Been really slow past few weekends. Hit a pond yesterday and did really well, all the fish were around 4 pounds and even caught the same fish twice (hook was stuck and cut the line the first catch and the hook was in him still the second time.) Hopefully it is picking up.

4. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Its been slow for a couple weeks for me. Tonite I got some good hits, but only caught a 6.12lbr. Ive thrown everything at but the kitchen sink, hopefully it will pick up soon.

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It has been slow for me here in Ohio all year, been a strange year...I hope things pick up some before winter.

6. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Been pretty decent the last month or so. The water temps are starting to drop and the channels seem to be feeding. Most of the ones I've caught have had there bellies full, like they are feeding. The fall bite is always a fun time to be chasing them around here. Thinking about making a trip up to Goldsboro the next couple weekends and get in on some prime channel fishing.

The next couple months are a fun time of the year to be fishing, period.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  7. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    seems like they have almost stopped biting around here since the weather changed and got a little cooler.its real slow.

8. rks1949

rks1949 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    We have been doing pretty good latley. Seems like the cooler weather has them on "the feed" ! Ron