Is NBA Basketball going downhill?

Discussion in 'LilRyjoe's NBA Talk' started by LilRyjoe04, Jan 12, 2010.

1. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I don't know if anyone has any thoughts on this, but I've been watching some of the NBA games here lately and the crowds don't look like they used to. Here in Indianapolis they're pretty much giving away tickets! I think if the league maybe shortened the season it would be more exciting and the games would mean more to the players and the fans. I used to watch the games pretty much all the way through the season, but now I've kind of lost the desire to follow the NBA. It just seems to me like the players, atleast most of them, are just going through the motions and all of them are making millions doing so. The league keeps the season this long to try to make more money, but it's hurting the game in my opinion and they do the same in the postseason as well. It seems to me that the NBA is losing it's luster and this thread pretty much supports my theory. There hasn't been hardly any posts on here ever since I started it and to be honest I haven't been on here to much either. What do you guys think? Are there any NBA fans out there?

2. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I have not watched very much NBA basketball,since jordan retired...

3. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Me either. I was an avid fan and could jus about tell ya anything going on. But when Jordan retired it just wasnt the same for me. I still love the NBA and watch part of a game every now and then. I got a killer basketball card collection. I have over 500 different MJ cards. Some others are Wilt C., Kareem, Bird, M. Johnson, Julious Erving jus to name a few. Hope the NBA isnt going downhill to bad?

4. okiefisher64

okiefisher64 New Member

In OKC the stands are packed!

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    You have to go uphill to go downhill.

6. RHankinsJr

RHankinsJr New Member

State:
    Texas
    in short... yes... but all professional athletic sports are not what they were 10-15 years ago.

7. eyeballjr

eyeballjr New Member

State:
    Bartlesville,OK
    I think a lot of people get tired of the players who have the premadona attitude, they are making millions and act like they are being mistreated.