Is jugging legal in Indiana?

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by kat buster, Jul 14, 2006.

1. kat buster

kat buster New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Is jugging legal in Indiana?:confused2:

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    The link below is for the Indiana Department of Wildlife. It is the complete fishing regulations for your state. Page 42 contains the information about "float" fishing, which they also refer to as "jug" fishing. The way I read it is that you can have no more than 5 jugs, each limited to a single hook, and must clearly be marked with name and address. The confusing thing is it futher states they cannot be used on rivers or lakes accessed by the public. Go figure. You yankees sure do some funny things. LOL

http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/fish/fishng/2006RFG/2006RFG-FULL.pdf

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    The link below is for the Indiana Department of Wildlife. It is the complete fishing regulations for your state. Page 42 contains the information about "float" fishing, which they also refer to as "jug" fishing. The way I read it is that you can have no more than 5 jugs, each limited to a single hook, and must clearly be marked with name and address. The confusing thing is it futher states they cannot be used on rivers or lakes accessed by the public. Go figure. You yankees sure do some funny things. LOL

http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/fish/fishng/2006RFG/2006RFG-FULL.pdf

oooohhhhh, that was my 900th post. Gotta go celebrate. Where did I hide that darn jug.

4. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Float Fishing
    Float or jug fishing is the use of any buoyed container (made
    of any material other than glass) that suspends a single fishing
    line and a single or multi-barbed hook.
    As many as five floats may be used, but only one hook may be
    attached to each float line. Each float must be marked with the
    user’s name and address, and all lines must be in constant visual
    contact.
    Float fishing is not allowed on lakes and reservoirs for public
    safety.

You can use them in ponds and rivers??? I guess

5. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I have seen alot of people jug fishing @ night on lake Shafer. You can't miss them @ night because of the lights. The C.O.s seem not to have a problem with it.
    Bill

6. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    thats strange, i thought it wasnt allowed on lakes and reserviors.

7. HoosierPoleCat

HoosierPoleCat New Member

State:
    Indiana
    well you get ur jugs out RiverScum...its gonna rain baby & the clickers are gonna be screaming :big_smile_2:

8. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    It's legal as long as they are marked with name and address. I have seen people jugging but they keep a good eye on them

9. thenightstalker

thenightstalker New Member

State:
    indiana
    its the people that say hell with it lets do it anyway, that screw up future chances for fellow anglers that OBEY THE LAW. dont let me catch ya. there will be hell to pay, and quite possibly a fine too. it burns me up people that think they are beyond the law. ill call the warden if i see ya, and keep callin until he gets there. been there, and done that. follow the regs or dont fish at all

10. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member

State:
    Indy
    Nightstalker, you had better not spank your children either, because that is against the law as well. Don't you agree? I would definetly turn someone in for that, but a float, give me a break!

11. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    I don't know how many of you guys ever go jug fishing but I know from experience it is a good time. Once in a while my fishing buddies and I go out and just set some tree lines and some float bollons and sit back and watch for them to get bites. It is nice to take a break from watching rods all night long.

12. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana

I couldn't agree more BSU!! I love setting lines early and fishing till about two and then go back and check them before leaving, it's kind of exciting because you never know what you're going to have on them. I have set trot lines on our lake that is very old and we used to pull out 50-60 pound snapping turtles.:crazy: Those things will take your damn hand off.:eek:oooh: I don't see anything wrong with set lines and limb lines.:cool2:

13. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    By the way spanking your kid isnt illigal. Beating them is. Allot of schools are going back to padlling. I no I needed beaten though. My wife just realized she needs to beat me on a nightly basis. She beats me with baseball bats, broom sticks, and whatever she can get her hands on. She always tells me that my perants didnt beat me enough and shes making up for it. The problem with them all is that people abuse them. I see it all the time at brookville, people run trot lines and never take them out. Then I go swimming(which is also illegal)and get caught in a trot line that has been there for 2 or 3 weeks. Your only supposed to swim in posted areas(beaches) we no how well that is enforced.LOL No big deal dumb asr pollititions write all kinds of stupid laws that are made to be broken. Its all about the JACK. Luckily most of our game wardens have enough since to realize how dumb the law is. That would be like the prick cop who wrights a ticket for 3 over the speed limit on a interestate. Never happens, atleast rarely happens. If you do those things, just be responsable, and take them out. I have no problem with limb lines, jug lines, or trot lines as long as checked every 24 hours, and TAKEN OUT OF THE WATER, when done. I do none of the 3 though, no reason to. Good Luck