Is it wrong

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by master_cat, Mar 24, 2006.

1. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    There is a lake near here that has tournaments that benifit children to keep them off drugs. They charge to fish there and charge extra for the tournaments. Is it wrong to participate??

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I don't think so, what could be wrong with that.:confused:

Unless the money dosen't really go to the cause that it's supposed to or something.

Zakk:)

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I think it would be an honorable thing to participate in. But I don't think I would fish it when they tournement wasn't going though lol!!!

4. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I dont see anything wrong with it as long as the money goes to what they say its going to.

5. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I would just fish the tournaments, but i would find out where the money is really going. Sounds like a pay lake scam to get people coming, holding a tournament and giving some of the money to the kids.;)

6. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    I agree If its for the kids..there isnt alot I wouldnt do

7. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Maybe you could find out which organization(s) they donate the $$ to, and then just make a direct donation to it/them?

8. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    No what could be wrong with that, I mean it is for our youth and there is nothing wrong with helping the youth of to day and if it helps to keep just 1 kid off drugs then it has my vote for sure.

9. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    If it goes for keeping kids off drug then yes it is worth it. We need to do more to try to keep our kids off drugs so am for it a 100%.

10. Ulizth

Ulizth New Member

State:
    St. Clairsville, Ohio
    I agree with making sure the money goes to the kids, then if it does, fish it or even volunteer to help out.

11. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I guess I'm missing something.. Almost every tourney charges an entry fee.. I guess im missing what the problem is or why even question it :confused:

12. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am guessing that Brent is worried about the pay lake aspect of this. Not many of us here utilize or agree with the pay lakes system, but as far as I know, this is still America. If you feel it is wrong, don't fish it. If your all right with pay lakes, more power to you.
    the important thing is, let your conscience be your guide, find your own truth. Remember you have to live with your self, not every one else.

13. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Every charity has to file with the IRS, and produce on demand paper work that states the purpose of the charity, how much money they raise, and how that money is spent. If you ask to view the paper work, and they come up with excuses to not allow you to view it, you should really question your participation. There are plenty of legitimate charities, and plenty of rouge ones..

14. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    I would have to agree with Netmanjack. You are a grown man so do what you feel is right no matter if it fishing pay lakes or fishing for charity you are the one who has to live with your decisions

15. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    sounds like a good place to put your money.even if it is a ******* i see no problem with that.

16. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    If you believe in the charity and want to donate then why not do it by fishing. Sounds good to me as long as they are on the up and up.

17. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    if its for kids go ahead and fish on.

18. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    I think that is a great cause. I would surely participate, but I would want to know for sure it was`nt a scam and I would want to know how much of the money was actually being donated. At the hospital where I work, I have seen some groups or events that say it`s for charity when they are only donating a very small percent of the proceedes to the charity and pocketing the largest share. They just want to use the hospitals name or a charity, such as cancer research, the children, or the homeless to line their pockets.
    There are many good causes out there. I don`t want to stop helping when I can and I would hate to see a few rotten apples spoil the good ones. I guess in this day and age we all just have to be more "watchful".
    Hey, anybody ever try to get one of those "Will Work For Food" guys to actually work? I offered one a job once. Guess what happened?

19. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    LOL I tried once I bet we got the same results. I am very suspicious of donating to groups and charities after 911. So much money was not given to the people it was collected fore. Now I do a little research before I donate.

20. balddaddy91

balddaddy91 New Member

State:
    East Liverpool,Oh
    What Would Be Wrong With That