Is it too early to plan another gathering?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by floundahman, Oct 29, 2009.

1. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I know that it has only been a few weeks since the gathering at Badin, but I was wondering if there would be any interest in a Spring gathering and if so, where would you like to have one? I plan on fishing through the winter, but as time goes on, the weather will keep me off the water more than it will allow me to be out on it. I just thought that having a gathering to look forward to might help deal with the withdrawal. :crazy: What do you think?

2. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    No. I never stop fishing. Spring would be wonderful. As long as I reach a consensus on location , arrival times , and contact information everything will be fine.

3. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    With the official annoucement of the national gathering for 2010 do we really want to plan a state gathering for 2010 ?.I don,t know about the rest of you but times are tight around my house now. If it was a choice of state, or national, if i have the money for either, i would have to pick the national myself . That is just my thoughts on a gathering.

4. holliswood

holliswood Well-Known Member

State:
    King, NC
    What is this " gathering " you speak of???

5. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Hollis a gathering is a get together of B.O.C. members for fishing ,getting to meet one another an food ,the best part of the gathering to me is getting to meet everyone at the big get togther an meal

6. holliswood

State:
    King, NC
    Is it for new members of this board to. What qualifies a person to be a member? Thanks!

7. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Hollis, You are a member, and more than welcome to attend a gathering. Check out the national gathering section. I'd like to have another local gathering in the spring, but if there's no interest, I guess we'll have to wait for the national gathering. September sure is a long way off though.

8. holliswood

State:
    King, NC
    Thanks for all of ya'lls info on this. I'd definately be interested on one or both events! Let me know when, where, and time. Thanks guys! The most nicest people I've talked to lately have been fishermen at the lake. It's a shame that everyone can't be as nice everywhere all the time.

9. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Jim i found it is hard to orgnaize folks. The ccc guys just call out a lake and we converge for fishing and meet and greet. Also some BSing on the radio/cell phones.
    Might be worth working into your plans with a couple other people and throwing it out there for whoever is in the area or on that lake for that weekend.