Is it too early to decorate for x-mas?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Johnny B, Nov 12, 2009.

Is it too early to decorate for x-mas?

1. YES

2. NO

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois
    Is it too early to decorate for x-mas? I just put up the tree and some lights in the house..It wasn't my decision but the gfs..Is she crazy or not?:smile2::smile2:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  2. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I say yes but just because we always put them up right after thanksgiving....

nice to get it out of the way tho....

3. BubbaCat

BubbaCat Well-Known Member

State:
    Arizona
    oh crap :crazy:i forgot to take them down :embarassed:eek:h well i'll get the wife to plug the cord in !:wink: thanks for the heads up:big_smile:

4. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Yeah, its too early, I've seen the stuff up before Halloween, makes me sick. Wait till first week of Dec and be reasonable about it. All this early Christmas crap makes me sick. Its not Christmas everyday, lets take each holiday in stride at its time.

5. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    If it make's her happy go for it! As long as Halloween is over.

6. Kevin G

Kevin G New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    yea, just came from a Walmart and all they played was Christmas music and every T.V. had Christmas movies playing.

7. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    She isn't crazy, females tend to like that stuff a lot more. After all, they usually do the fun part and we do the no so fun stuff, like outside lights etc.

IMO it's to early. My B-day is on T-day, Nov.26, after that we will start digging out our decorations. So our time to decorate is after T-day or my b-day.

I don't want my birthday balloons and Jesus's balloons getting all mixed up.... LOL.

8. catamount311

catamount311 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    My wife already has up a few decorations. Nothing outside, but there is plenty inside.

9. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Johnny boy, your getting set up big time, Run! :crazy: lol
    Next year it will be in October, then the next in September and so on, until you will be buying her presents all year long! Oh now, don't try and deny it, you already gave her an early present didn't you...:eek:oooh: it may be to late, you will probably get married in December.... I think shes got your number, you done been wrapped, tagged and bagged ! lol :smile2::smile2::smile2:

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Johnny don't let her rush the season. Its to early. But remember its a woman thing. And there is a lot of them.:wink:

11. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    You mean to tell me you are supposed to take the lights down:crazy: How would I see to get to the house when I come in from fishing in the summer?

12. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i noticed Cabelas had there tree up last week...ive enver seen any decorations before thanksgiving..or maybe i just didnt pay attention..we probably ownt get ours up until first of december lol

13. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston

Hell yes it's too early:big_smile: Christmas is in December dammit:big_smile:
    ...W

14. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    hell no,it's not too early.go for it bro.:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

15. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    My wife puts up the tree religously the day after thanksgiving. I prefer to wait until 2 weeks prior to Christmas................................. but its her house:cool2:

16. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Haha, Yes shes CRAZY...jk...Country folks do what country folks do which is put up there christmas lights in october nivember and drink a brewski for tanksgiving dinner...lmao..

17. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Her house, your boat!!and garage..fair comperamise id say!!

18. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My wife is adamant about putting up the tree the day after Thanksgiving ,and taking it down on New Years day. Works for me.

19. NWIowa

NWIowa New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I almost hate to admit it but the wife put up the christmas tree today. I say the weekend after Thanksgiving at the earliest but all I could do was talk her out of putting it up LAST weekend.

Now I'm going to spend the next month and a half defending the tree from our two ornament pulling toddlers.