Is it to late for flathead catfish???

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by grizzly, Oct 29, 2006.

1. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    I've never fished for flatheads in the fall before. But the bayou is up about 3 feet and has current so I baited my trotlines this evening. I still have plenty of goldfish on hand so what the heck. grizzly

2. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    No way ! Those flatheads should be feeding up before winter. I've caught some gooderns in November in the past.:big_smile:

3. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    Ran my lines yesterday morning, 5 flatheads from 5 to 12 lbs an 8lb blue and 2 channels about 3lbs each. Had a lot of bait still on the lines. Didn't bait last night, unsure about the weather. Went to bait this evening and had another flathead, 8lbs and a channel, 2lbs. I'll see in the morning if this cold front shuts them down. grizzly

4. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    No flatheads yesterday morning but 6 nice channel cats and a bunch of grinnel. Don't know if it was the cold front or the bayou falling that stopped the flatheads. grizzly

5. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    Baited up Thursday evening with shrimp, thought I'd save the goldfish since the flatheads shut down on the falling water. Friday morning only had 1 blue about 4lbs and 1 small channel. Took my hooks up for the weekend, I have to drive by some deer stands to get to the water and with the youth hunt this weekend I don't want to mess up a kids chance at a deer. grizzly