Is it time yet

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Aug 6, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well it is now August.

I have just went thru another unproductive month of July, for me July is the worst month of the year...Then the flatheading slowy starts to pick up in August, and really gets good late August and September.

I have been fishing for so long, I seem to have a 6th sense on when the big flatheads are feeding.

This 6th sense is not always right, but mostly it is...For the last few years everytime I caught a good flathead 40+lbs I had a feeling it was gonna be a good night before I left the house.

I dont have that feeling right now, it just dont seem right, maybe it is the weather I dont know.

I just dont have any confidence that I am gonna get on big fish yet.

What do you guys think, do you think the big flats are starting to feed good?

2. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    I always like august going into september on the rivers up in ohio....I usually plan my vacation time around this, but had to take it a lil earlier this year.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I have no idea on the bigguns,,,,I can for sure let you know about when all the little ones feed though!:eek:oooh::roll_eyes::smile2:
    You need to ship me a truck load of those bullheads down here, that may change my luck around!:wink::cool2:

4. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    i am going this week end to the meldahl dam and i got a feeling that they will be up and hungry, but i have been wrong b4 i dont got that gift like you.....RAT

5. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I think the rains will finish it off now. I've only caught one post spawn male so far- the rest were girls. I'll have a better feeling next time out now that the big rain has stirred them up. Just waiting for the bright moon to go away.

6. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    If they arent now they should be in the next week or so.

7. mbill

mbill New Member

State:
    Midvale Ohio
    Not sure what kind of vibe I have yet Jack, but I sure hope to find out here soon. Should be getting a pretty nice string of days to give it my best though the wife will be gone for 2 weeks of reserve training so it will be time to give it hell. Now if you can just get that Flattie sense tingling for me the timing would be perfect. LOL:big_smile:

8. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Buddy it is definetly time for some big flats!!! Why else would they call me back to work!?! :confused2:

9. primitive

primitive Member

State:
    Dav. Ia.
    Jack, I seem to recall you saying in early July, you seldem fish for flatheads in July or during the spawn. I wish I would have listened to you cause the month of July really sucked for me. Finally picked up a 9 pounder today but it's been pretty bad here.

10. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    sure can't blame it on a drought this year,jack :big_smile:

11. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i hope its time ive only caught 2 flatheads this year

12. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Yea I believe it's going to be a very good august for flats. Right now the moon phase is playing some small tricks as far as alot of big ones being caught but that will be gone in a few days an then let the fishing begin!

13. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    yeah aug is here and sept next month it is flattie season two good thing i am ready to rumble with the flatties again