Is It The Economy???

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by oh no, Nov 30, 2009.

1. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    In northern Indiana,, boats and adult toys in general are going super cheap,,,everyone is trying to sell their toys.

Is this going on all over the country, or just here?

http://southbend.craigslist.org/boa/1487307736.html

http://southbend.craigslist.org/boa/1486450353.html

http://southbend.craigslist.org/boa/1486145255.html

http://southbend.craigslist.org/boa/1483502775.html

http://southbend.craigslist.org/boa/1484953274.html

Maybe it is just me,, but it seems stuff is going unusually cheap.

2. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I think it is going on all over the country, you figure 10 out of 100 people are out of work, so people are selling stuff off to survive. I have noticed on Craigslist, you can get RV's Boats, horses, cows, and just about anything else at Rock Bottom prices.

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I think you hit the nail on the head Jim. Toys are the first things to go when the going gets tough. Wish I had some extra money to take advantage of the situation. Theres so many good deals out there, its incredible.

4. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i got my old boat for $450.00 the motor is worth more than that

5. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Surprisingly, WV is not doing all that bad.
    Flip side of that is WV was not doing near as good when the rest of the country was booming.

We never saw the outrageous housing inflation and have not suffered the housing crash that many have.
    We have taken some employment hits but over all, things here have not tanked.

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Not here,Jim. Most are selling their toys,But not that cheap,I guess they want to get as much back as they can from their bad decisions.:wink:

7. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    peopel are holding on to there money here for sure! and for sale signs in yards everywhere..saw a v bottom with a jon boat on top of it..both or none...didnt catch the price though

8. festus

festus New Member

Yeah, stuff's going cheap here. My neighbor picked up a nice camper/trailer for $500. A few years ago it would have been worth $4000-$5000. Homes are up for sale everywhere, but nobody's buying them.

9. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    I have said it before and will say it again. W.Va went to he!! when Hazels left town. First Hazels, then Frys Alley, then Cinder Bottom, Billies Truck Stop, and they cleaned up Wheeling. Nothing Wild and Wonderful about any of that .:big_smile_2:

10. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Yeah Jim, that is not good that people have to sell their stuff just to make it through this tough time.

11. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    It's been going on here for two years. One of our BOC brothers said, "Americans will never give up their SUVs." Well contrary to his belief, you can't hardly give them away around here. Dealers won't take them in trade because they can't resell them. Boats and motorcycles are for sale all over the place. It's a shame that the ones the are most responsible for this mess aren't hurting at all.

12. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  13. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  14. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I was lookin at some fishing reels on CL, sometimes stuff is cheap, sometimes not, but could be stolen too. Could be its in bad shape. Lots of kayaks for sale, but not really cheap, sometimes a good deal comes up. The recession ain't over by a long shot. Brother bought a motor home for a great deal few years ago, but now that seems high, wants to sell but can't, the use a lot of fuel.

15. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    My house , garage , 3 cars , 2 trucks , 2 boats , and motorcylce are all payed for .Thank god . If I had to make payments on all that crap , I would have to file chapter 11 . Now lets hope I dont have to sell any of it anytime soon .

My nieghbor has been selling all his stuff at crazy low prices . I havent bought any of his goodies due to I hate for him to have to look at his toys in my yard . Times are tight for sure.

16. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Yup, it's the economy Jim. Here down south of you, boats on the two lanes every mile or so. Not as many scooters, but lots of 4 wheelers.

17. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Watch the motors on those boats.
    Antiques.
    I wouldn't give 4500 for the first because of the motor.

By the time I repowered it I could have bought new or newer.

18. Fl.catman

Fl.catman New Member

State:
    Fl
    Same thing is going on here in Fl folk's are selling all their toys.

19. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
  20. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    A few years bck mining was good in our state and the cold miners would buy lots of toys. When the mines started to close, and the realization on few mines started to sink in, the toys were the first to go. The economy falling is creating the same situation today, but on a much larger scale. It's affecting people from all walks of life.